With an address in Metairie, Louisiana, East Jefferson Hospital Snf is one of four facilities in this city. It looks like this nursing home is one of the highest-graded facilities we looked at. Receiving an A+ in our grading system requires top-notch marks across the board. We can't find many bad things to say about this place. Its scores are as good as they get. As you can see below, this place performed just as well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
East Jefferson Hospital Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Louisiana Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Metairie, Louisiana Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Louisiana Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Metairie, Louisiana Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Louisiana Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Metairie, Louisiana Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we assessed this facility so favorably is that it was given an A+ short-term care score. This is just about as dominant as it gets in this area. Our short-term care grades are presumably more important for people in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about East Jefferson Hospital Snf?
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. The nursing score is based on a host of subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This facility provided 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was long-term care, where this facility received a grade of A. This finished off a very strong report card. Very few nursing homes received an A- or better in every single category. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. It does not look like this facility provided vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Jefferson Hospital Snf Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In East Jefferson Hospital Snf, 12.77 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Jefferson Hospital Snf, 64.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Metairie, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Metairie, Louisiana has 3 other nursing homes
- East Jefferson General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away4200 Houma Blvd Metairie Louisiana 70006Government - Hospital District or Authority(504) 454-4000
- Ochsner Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away1516 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans Louisiana 70121Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 842-3000
- Ochsner Medical Center-KennerAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away180 West Esplanade Avenue Kenner Louisiana 70065Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 468-4806
- University Medical Center New OrleansAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away2000 Canal Street New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 903-3000
- Childrens HospitalChildrens 7.35 miles away200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70118Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 899-9511
- Tulane Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 988-5263
- Touro InfirmaryAcute Care Hospitals 8.03 miles away1401 Foucher Street New Orleans Louisiana 70115Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 897-8247
- West Jefferson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away1101 Medical Center Blvd Marrero Louisiana 70072Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 347-5511
- Fmcna - Metairie0.98 miles away4425 Utica St Metairie Louisiana 70006CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (504) 455-5535
- Fmcna - Ochsner North Arnoult1.08 miles away3030 N Arnoult Rd, Ste A Metairie Louisiana 70002Dialysis Stations: 13 (504) 457-3498
- Fmcna - Crescent Home Therapy1.33 miles away3030 N Arnoult, Ste B Metairie Louisiana 70002Dialysis Stations: 1 (504) 454-6989
- Metairie Kidney Ctr2.46 miles away4424 Conlin St Ste 1a Metairie Louisiana 70006Dialysis Stations: 8 (504) 887-8319
- Davita - Metairie3.37 miles away7100 Airline Dr Metairie Louisiana 70003Dialysis Stations: 12 (504) 731-1969
- Fkc - Kenner Home Therapies3.55 miles away3409 Williams Blvd, Suite 2 Kenner Louisiana 70065Dialysis Stations: 6 (504) 305-1980
- Fmcna - Ochsner New Orleans3.84 miles away630 Deckbar Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70121CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (504) 837-0021
- Fmcna - Kenner Dialysis5.11 miles away2717 Decatur St Kenner Louisiana 70062Dialysis Stations: 20 (504) 469-1075