With an address in Metairie, Louisiana, East Jefferson Hospital Snf is one of just a few facilities in the area. It looks like this nursing home is one of the highest-graded nursing homes we looked at. Receiving an A+ in our rating scheme requires top-notch marks across the board. We can not find many bad things to say about this facility. Its ratings are as good as they get. As you can see below, this facility performed equally well in our category scores. We give this place two thumbs up!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
East Jefferson Hospital Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Metairie senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Louisiana Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Metairie, Louisiana Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Louisiana Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Metairie, Louisiana Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Louisiana Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Metairie, Louisiana Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great facility overall, it also earned A+ government inspections in recent years. Its inspections are nearly perfect. Our inspection ratings are based on many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to be given several A+ category grades. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 7.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about East Jefferson Hospital Snf?
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. In determining our nursing ratings, we look at both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Louisiana in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving residents even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we assessed, this nursing home was awarded a very strong grade of A in our long-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home topped off a straight A profile. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Jefferson Hospital Snf Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In East Jefferson Hospital Snf, 13.45 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Jefferson Hospital Snf, 67.8% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- East Jefferson General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away4200 Houma Blvd Metairie Louisiana 70006Government - Hospital District or Authority(504) 454-4000
- Ochsner Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away1516 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans Louisiana 70121Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 842-3000
- Ochsner Medical Center-KennerAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away180 West Esplanade Avenue Kenner Louisiana 70065Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 468-4806
- University Medical Center New OrleansAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away2000 Canal Street New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 903-3000
- Childrens HospitalChildrens 7.35 miles away200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70118Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 899-9511
- Tulane Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 988-5263
- Touro InfirmaryAcute Care Hospitals 8.03 miles away1401 Foucher Street New Orleans Louisiana 70115Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 897-8247
- West Jefferson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away1101 Medical Center Blvd Marrero Louisiana 70072Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 347-5511
- Fmcna - Metairie0.98 miles away4425 Utica St Metairie Louisiana 70006CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (504) 455-5535
- Fmcna - Ochsner North Arnoult1.08 miles away3030 N Arnoult Rd, Ste A Metairie Louisiana 70002Dialysis Stations: 13 (504) 457-3498
- Fmcna - Crescent Home Therapy1.33 miles away3030 N Arnoult, Ste B Metairie Louisiana 70002Dialysis Stations: 1 (504) 454-6989
- Metairie Kidney Ctr2.46 miles away4424 Conlin St Ste 1a Metairie Louisiana 70006Dialysis Stations: 8 (504) 887-8319
- Davita - Metairie3.37 miles away7100 Airline Dr Metairie Louisiana 70003Dialysis Stations: 12 (504) 731-1969
- Fkc - Kenner Home Therapies3.55 miles away3409 Williams Blvd, Suite 2 Kenner Louisiana 70065Dialysis Stations: 6 (504) 305-1980
- Fmcna - Ochsner New Orleans3.84 miles away630 Deckbar Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70121CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (504) 837-0021
- Fmcna - Kenner Dialysis5.11 miles away2717 Decatur St Kenner Louisiana 70062Dialysis Stations: 20 (504) 469-1075