East Jefferson Hospital Snf is a facility located in Metairie, Louisiana, which has 137,067 people. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this nursing home is without a doubt a world class facility. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top one percentile of all facilities in the nation. This also appears to be a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong ratings in all of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
East Jefferson Hospital Snf
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
4200 Houma Blvd,
Metairie LA 70002
35.51% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a favorable overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. In forming these short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. This facility excelled in the two key staffing areas we assessed. The facility provided about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the average nursing home. This is typically a very favorable sign. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of facilities in the nation with 80 percent of its residents returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about East Jefferson Hospital Snf?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. We looked at the levels of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses spent with patients, in computing our rating in this category. This nursing home provides an incredible 6.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Out of that total, many of the hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the more highly trained levels of nurses. In addition to providing impressive levels of nursing care, this nursing home also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed as well as any nursing home in the country in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this facility was awarded a very strong long-term care score. We gave it a grade of A in this area, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Jefferson Hospital Snf Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In East Jefferson Hospital Snf, 12.99 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Jefferson Hospital Snf, 64% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Metairie, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Metairie, Louisiana has 3 other nursing homes
- East Jefferson General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away4200 Houma Blvd Metairie Louisiana 70006Government - Hospital District or Authority(504) 454-4000
- Ochsner Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away1516 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans Louisiana 70121Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 842-3000
- Ochsner Medical Center-KennerAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away180 West Esplanade Avenue Kenner Louisiana 70065Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 468-4806
- University Medical Center New OrleansAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away2000 Canal Street New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 903-3000
- Childrens HospitalChildrens 7.35 miles away200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70118Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 899-9511
- Tulane Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 988-5263
- Touro InfirmaryAcute Care Hospitals 8.03 miles away1401 Foucher Street New Orleans Louisiana 70115Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 897-8247
- West Jefferson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away1101 Medical Center Blvd Marrero Louisiana 70072Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 347-5511
- Fmcna - Metairie0.98 miles away4425 Utica St Metairie Louisiana 70006CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (504) 455-5535
- Fmcna - Ochsner North Arnoult1.08 miles away3030 N Arnoult Rd, Ste A Metairie Louisiana 70002Dialysis Stations: 13 (504) 457-3498
- Fmcna - Crescent Home Therapy1.33 miles away3030 N Arnoult, Ste B Metairie Louisiana 70002Dialysis Stations: 1 (504) 454-6989
- Metairie Kidney Ctr2.46 miles away4424 Conlin St Ste 1a Metairie Louisiana 70006Dialysis Stations: 8 (504) 887-8319
- Davita - Metairie3.37 miles away7100 Airline Dr Metairie Louisiana 70003Dialysis Stations: 12 (504) 731-1969
- Fkc - Kenner Home Therapies3.55 miles away3409 Williams Blvd, Suite 2 Kenner Louisiana 70065Dialysis Stations: 6 (504) 305-1980
- Fmcna - Ochsner New Orleans3.84 miles away630 Deckbar Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70121CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (504) 837-0021
- Fmcna - Kenner Dialysis5.11 miles away2717 Decatur St Kenner Louisiana 70062Dialysis Stations: 20 (504) 469-1075