East Bank Center is in Loves Park, Illinois, a city with 23,492 people. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top third of all facilities in the United States. We can not find many bad things to say about this place. Its ratings are impeccable. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
East Bank Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Loves Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. In forming these short-term care grades, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing score is largely based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about East Bank Center?
In addition, this nursing home also earned a nearly flawless government inspection report. It earned one of our highest grades in that category with an A-. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated was this nursing home's worst category. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still gave it a decent grade of C in long-term care. Long-term care grades assess a nursing home's assistance with daily living rather than the highly skilled nursing and healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. One of the data points we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. It doesn't look like this facility provided data regarding vaccinations. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Bank Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In East Bank Center, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Bank Center, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Mercyhealth Hospital Rockton AvenueAcute Care Hospitals 2.01 miles away2400 North Rockton Avenue Rockford Illinois 61103Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 968-6861
- Swedish American HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away1401 East State Street Rockford Illinois 61104Voluntary non-profit - Other(815) 968-4400
- Saint Anthony Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.77 miles away5666 East State Street Rockford Illinois 61108Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 226-2000
- Beloit Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.12 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 364-5011
- Davita - Rockford Dialysis1.59 miles away3339 N. Rockton Ave Rockford Illinois 61103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (815) 636-4493
- Davita - Machesney Park Dialysis2.5 miles away7170 N. Perryville Road Machesney Park Illinois 61115CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 885-8132
- Davita - Stone Crest Dialysis3.54 miles away1302 E. State St. Rockford Illinois 61104CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 968-5794
- Davita - Roxbury Dialysis Center4.3 miles away622 Roxbury Road Rockford Illinois 61107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (815) 397-0713
- Davita Forest City Dialysis4.8 miles away198 North Springfield Avenue Rockford Illinois 61101Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 962-8914
- Davita - Churchview Dialysis Center5.55 miles away417 Ware Avenue Rockford Illinois 61107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (815) 397-4123
- Davita - Belvidere Dialysis10.88 miles away1751 Henry Luckow Lane Belvidere Illinois 61008Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 544-0311
- Beloit Health System - Dialysis16.25 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Dialysis Stations: 18 (608) 364-5580