East Bank Center is a facility located in Loves Park, Illinois, a city with a total of 23,492 people. This is a fine facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average score. Based on our assessment, this place looks like a solid choice for most people. Fortunately, this nursing home didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
East Bank Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
6131 Park Ridge Road,
Loves Park IL 61111
56.29% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received a strong overall score as described above, but we wanted to note its excellent short-term care grade. We awarded them an A in this category. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. This nursing home excelled in two key staffing areas we assessed. It provided about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than a typical nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes with 62.9 percent of its patients returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most nursing homes.
Among this facility's other strengths is its elite nursing grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provides an incredible 4.8 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Out of this total, many of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the more highly trained levels of nurses. In addition to offering high levels of care, this facility also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed as well as any nursing home in the state when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about East Bank Center?
This facility earned a B for its inspections grade. This is an above average score in this category. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is long-term care. This facility was given a strong long-term care rating in our assessment, with a C. While this was not quite as strong as many of its other grades, this is still a respectable grade in this area. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted vaccination data. Lastly, this place excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Bank Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In East Bank Center, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Bank Center, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
- Mercyhealth Hospital Rockton AvenueAcute Care Hospitals 2.01 miles away2400 North Rockton Avenue Rockford Illinois 61103Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 968-6861
- Swedish American HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away1401 East State Street Rockford Illinois 61104Voluntary non-profit - Other(815) 968-4400
- Saint Anthony Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.77 miles away5666 East State Street Rockford Illinois 61108Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 226-2000
- Beloit Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.12 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 364-5011
- Davita - Rockford Dialysis1.59 miles away3339 N. Rockton Ave Rockford Illinois 61103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (815) 636-4493
- Davita - Machesney Park Dialysis2.5 miles away7170 N. Perryville Road Machesney Park Illinois 61115CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 885-8132
- Davita - Stone Crest Dialysis3.54 miles away1302 E. State St. Rockford Illinois 61104CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 968-5794
- Davita - Roxbury Dialysis Center4.3 miles away622 Roxbury Road Rockford Illinois 61107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (815) 397-0713
- Davita Forest City Dialysis4.8 miles away198 North Springfield Avenue Rockford Illinois 61101Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 962-8914
- Davita - Churchview Dialysis Center5.55 miles away417 Ware Avenue Rockford Illinois 61107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (815) 397-4123
- Davita - Belvidere Dialysis10.88 miles away1751 Henry Luckow Lane Belvidere Illinois 61008Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 544-0311
- Beloit Health System - Dialysis16.25 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Dialysis Stations: 18 (608) 364-5580