East Bank Center is a small facility located in Loves Park, Illinois. This nursing home turns out to be a middle of the road facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on all of the relevant data, there are definitely much worse places out there. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was short-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
East Bank Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home one of our better scores in short-term care, where it earned an A. This is much better than the nursing home's overall grade, which was certainly not elite. In our short-term care rating, we endeavor to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This facility also earned a favorable inspection rating. Its inspection grade proved to be its second best category. In that category, we gave this nursing home a B. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about East Bank Center?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-, which is a decent grade. The nursing category analyzes many subcategories, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This place provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, we awarded this facility a grade of D for our long-term care category. This is the nursing home's least impressive category score. Naturally, this grade pulled down the facility's overall profile a bit. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category likely don't provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities offer. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We weren't able to find this facility's vaccination rates. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
East Bank Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In East Bank Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In East Bank Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Mercyhealth Hospital Rockton AvenueAcute Care Hospitals 2.01 miles away2400 North Rockton Avenue Rockford Illinois 61103Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 968-6861
- Swedish American HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away1401 East State Street Rockford Illinois 61104Voluntary non-profit - Other(815) 968-4400
- Saint Anthony Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.77 miles away5666 East State Street Rockford Illinois 61108Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 226-2000
- Beloit Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.12 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 364-5011
- Davita - Rockford Dialysis1.59 miles away3339 N. Rockton Ave Rockford Illinois 61103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (815) 636-4493
- Davita - Machesney Park Dialysis2.5 miles away7170 N. Perryville Road Machesney Park Illinois 61115CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 885-8132
- Davita - Stone Crest Dialysis3.54 miles away1302 E. State St. Rockford Illinois 61104CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 968-5794
- Davita - Roxbury Dialysis Center4.3 miles away622 Roxbury Road Rockford Illinois 61107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (815) 397-0713
- Davita Forest City Dialysis4.8 miles away198 North Springfield Avenue Rockford Illinois 61101Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 962-8914
- Davita - Churchview Dialysis Center5.55 miles away417 Ware Avenue Rockford Illinois 61107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (815) 397-4123
- Davita - Belvidere Dialysis10.88 miles away1751 Henry Luckow Lane Belvidere Illinois 61008Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 544-0311
- Beloit Health System - Dialysis16.25 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Dialysis Stations: 18 (608) 364-5580