Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose is in San Jose, California, which is among the largest cities in the nation. We gave this facility an overall grade of C. A score of this caliber requires some respectable marks. Based on our ratings, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of many people. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its strong nursing rating, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on San Jose senior living options.Get Pricing
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a nursing score which is stronger than its overall grade. We awarded this place an above average score of B in this category. Nursing ratings are mostly tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a strong score in our short-term care category. We awarded this facility an above average grade of B in this category. Our short-term care ratings are arguably most meaningful for patients requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. We weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. Inspection grades are tied to many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next area, this nursing home was given a decent long-term care score of C. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 93.411766 percent of its residents. This is slightly lower than we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Nevertheless, this nursing home excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents which had a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 5.83% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression. High levels of depression may indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Scores for San Jose, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Jose, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 1.25 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.55 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 9.41 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 9.86 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.62 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Satellite Dialysis White Road0.88 miles away1450 S White Road #30 San Jose California 95127CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 272-9810
- Satellite Dialysis San Jose1.42 miles away2121 Alexian Drive San Jose California 95116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (408) 258-8720
- Davita Eastridge Dialysis2.3 miles away3501 E Capitol Expressway San Jose California 95122Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 239-0466
- Davita Silicon Valley Dialysis3.77 miles away725 Ridder Park., Ste 10 San Jose California 95131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (408) 392-0390
- Davita Silicon Valley Home Training3.77 miles away725 Ridder Park Dr., Ste 50 San Jose California 95131Dialysis Stations: 8 (408) 392-0239
- Tully Dialysis Center4.35 miles away1290 Tully Rd Suite 80 San Jose California 95122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (408) 993-8959
- Kaiser Permanente - Skyport4.63 miles away1721 Technology Drive Dept #245 San Jose California 95110Dialysis Stations: 1 (408) 436-4300
- Aborn Dialysis Center4.91 miles away3162 S White Road San Jose California 95148CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (408) 223-0620