Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose is in San Jose, California, which is among the largest cities in the nation. We gave this facility an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some respectable marks. Based on our ratings, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of many people. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its strong nursing rating, which you can find in the next section.
Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
401 Ridge Vista Avenue,
San Jose CA 95127
96.2% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but it really excelled in nursing care, with an impressive grade of A- in this category. Nursing ratings are mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+ in our short-term care category. This is one of our higher scores. Short-term care ratings are critical for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively insignificant. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A few relatively minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is long-term care. For this category, we gave this nursing home a B-. Long-term care grades assess a nursing home's assistance with daily living instead of the highly skilled therapy or medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is a very solid figure. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients that sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients who were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 95.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility. Many in the industry believe that mobility is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Scores for San Jose, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Jose, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 1.25 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.55 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 9.41 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 9.86 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.62 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Satellite Dialysis White Road0.88 miles away1450 S White Road #30 San Jose California 95127CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 272-9810
- Satellite Dialysis San Jose1.42 miles away2121 Alexian Drive San Jose California 95116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (408) 258-8720
- Davita Eastridge Dialysis2.3 miles away3501 E Capitol Expressway San Jose California 95122Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 239-0466
- Davita Silicon Valley Dialysis3.77 miles away725 Ridder Park., Ste 10 San Jose California 95131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (408) 392-0390
- Davita Silicon Valley Home Training3.77 miles away725 Ridder Park Dr., Ste 50 San Jose California 95131Dialysis Stations: 8 (408) 392-0239
- Tully Dialysis Center4.35 miles away1290 Tully Rd Suite 80 San Jose California 95122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (408) 993-8959
- Kaiser Permanente - Skyport4.63 miles away1721 Technology Drive Dept #245 San Jose California 95110Dialysis Stations: 1 (408) 436-4300
- Aborn Dialysis Center4.91 miles away3162 S White Road San Jose California 95148CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (408) 223-0620