Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose is in San Jose, California, which is among the largest cities in the nation. We gave this facility an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some respectable marks. Based on our ratings, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of many people. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its strong nursing rating, which you can find in the next section.
Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but it really excelled in nursing care, with an impressive grade of A- in this category. Nursing ratings are mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+ in our short-term care category. This is one of our higher scores. Short-term care ratings are critical for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose?
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities next best area is long-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this area. This is essentially a slightly below average score in this area. In the area of long-term care, we weigh the amount of care offered by a nursing home, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Finally, we also awarded this facility a B- for our inspections category. This nursing home didn't have any real weaknesses. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients which have sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 4.33% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who maintained mobility.
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dycora Transitional Health-San Jose, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for San Jose, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Jose, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 1.25 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.55 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 9.41 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 9.86 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.62 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Satellite Dialysis White Road0.88 miles away1450 S White Road #30 San Jose California 95127CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 272-9810
- Satellite Dialysis San Jose1.42 miles away2121 Alexian Drive San Jose California 95116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (408) 258-8720
- Davita Eastridge Dialysis2.3 miles away3501 E Capitol Expressway San Jose California 95122Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 239-0466
- Davita Silicon Valley Dialysis3.77 miles away725 Ridder Park., Ste 10 San Jose California 95131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (408) 392-0390
- Davita Silicon Valley Home Training3.77 miles away725 Ridder Park Dr., Ste 50 San Jose California 95131Dialysis Stations: 8 (408) 392-0239
- Tully Dialysis Center4.35 miles away1290 Tully Rd Suite 80 San Jose California 95122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (408) 993-8959
- Kaiser Permanente - Skyport4.63 miles away1721 Technology Drive Dept #245 San Jose California 95110Dialysis Stations: 1 (408) 436-4300
- Aborn Dialysis Center4.91 miles away3162 S White Road San Jose California 95148CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (408) 223-0620