Dycora Transitional Health - Greendale is an average-sized nursing home in Greendale, Wisconsin. With an overall grade of B-, this looks like a solid facility. You could certainly do worse than this place. You also may want to review this facility's category grades below. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
Dycora Transitional Health - Greendale
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility really excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an A-. Few facilities fared better in this area. If it wasn't for this grade, this nursing home's overall score would have been much worse. Our short-term care ratings are arguably more meaningful for folks requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Inspections is another category where this facility excelled. In fact, we awarded this nursing home an B+ for our inspections category. This grade is far more impressive than its overall score. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite minor. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Dycora Transitional Health - Greendale?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. The nursing grade analyzes a handful of factors, however, the most important one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses to assist its patients.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, this facility didn't fare very well. Due to a very poor grade of F in long-term care, this is its worst category grade. Long-term care grades in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate this facility's vaccination rates. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dycora Transitional Health - Greendale Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dycora Transitional Health - Greendale, 13.08 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dycora Transitional Health - Greendale, 75.51% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.28 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 6.61 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 7.13 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Davita - Loomis Rd1.37 miles away4120 W Loomis Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 761-4920
- Davita - South Ridge1.62 miles away7740 W Layton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (414) 281-1313
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest South2.57 miles away2600 W Howard Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 281-2704
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest 27th Street Branch3.28 miles away3120 S 27th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (414) 643-1714
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Lakeshore5.02 miles away2000 E Layton Ave Ste 200 Saint Francis Wisconsin 53235CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (414) 481-7179
- Davita - Oak Creek5.15 miles away8201 S Howell Ave, Suite 600 Oak Creek Wisconsin 53154Dialysis Stations: 12 (414) 762-3784
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Ryan Road5.48 miles away9420 S 22nd St Oak Creek Wisconsin 53154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 761-8080
- Davita - Wisconsin Ave6.33 miles away3801 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (414) 937-8240