Dycora Transitional Health - Greendale is an average-sized nursing home in Greendale, Wisconsin. We awarded this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. At the end of the day, this place should be a no brainer for just about anybody. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Dycora Transitional Health - Greendale
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Greendale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it earned an A+ short-term care grade. Our short-term care grades are believed to be more meaningful for those requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing grades are primarily based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Dycora Transitional Health - Greendale?
Tallying yet another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it earned a score of A-. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively minor. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a grade of C. Although this is its worst category score, this is still a middle of the pack score. In our long-term care assessment, we look at the amount of services offered by a nursing home, as well as a few quality statistics. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccines. It does not appear that this facility submitted information on its vaccination levels. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dycora Transitional Health - Greendale Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dycora Transitional Health - Greendale, 92.12% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dycora Transitional Health - Greendale, 14.13 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dycora Transitional Health - Greendale, 76.01% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.28 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 6.61 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 7.13 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Davita - Loomis Rd1.37 miles away4120 W Loomis Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 761-4920
- Davita - South Ridge1.62 miles away7740 W Layton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (414) 281-1313
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest South2.57 miles away2600 W Howard Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 281-2704
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest 27th Street Branch3.28 miles away3120 S 27th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (414) 643-1714
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Lakeshore5.02 miles away2000 E Layton Ave Ste 200 Saint Francis Wisconsin 53235CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (414) 481-7179
- Davita - Oak Creek5.15 miles away8201 S Howell Ave, Suite 600 Oak Creek Wisconsin 53154Dialysis Stations: 12 (414) 762-3784
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Ryan Road5.48 miles away9420 S 22nd St Oak Creek Wisconsin 53154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 761-8080
- Davita - Wisconsin Ave6.33 miles away3801 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (414) 937-8240