Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale is located in the large metropolitan area of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This nursing home was given an overall score of F. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Milwaukee. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Milwaukee senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of C for our short-term care rating. Our short-term care ratings are arguably more critical for residents in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
This place received a D in the area of inspections. Sadly, this ended up being its second best score. One of the more critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We suggest you scrutinize the level of severity of those deficiencies. This nursing home had 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, we also want to point out that this facility received large government fines recently of more than $100,000. This generally suggests that a bad track record has been an issue for several years.
Does this page answer your questions about Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale?
We were surprised to find that this nursing home also excelled in nursing. We awarded it an D for that category, which is one of our highest grades. Our nursing rating is mostly based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth area, this nursing home really didn't fare well here either. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in long-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. Facilities that don't score well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We found that this nursing home administered the vaccine to just 81.270905 percent of its patients, which is several points lower than we expected. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 10.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 0.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients who have experienced a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who had UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 11.94% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 11.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 20.68% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 85.7% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 10.75% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 7.22% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 7.22% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 11.35% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 73.44% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 13 other nursing homes
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 7.34 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 7.44 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Davita - Bay Shore0.39 miles away5650 N Green Bay Ave #150 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (414) 351-1290
- Fresenius Medical Care Milwaukee, LLC0.93 miles away2615 W Silver Spring Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209Dialysis Stations: 18 (414) 461-2649
- Ara - Milwaukee1 miles awayMilwaukee Dialysis Center 4775 N Green Bay Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 265-1700
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Glendale1.64 miles away400 W Estabrook Blvd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 332-9960
- Wisconsin Renal Group l.l.c.1.7 miles away377 W River Woods Pkwy, Ste 111 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212Dialysis Stations: 25 (414) 967-9321
- Total Renal Care Inc2.46 miles away733 E Capitol Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212Dialysis Stations: 13 (414) 906-0144
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Dialysis, LLC3.25 miles away4021 N 52nd St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53216CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 873-3600
- Davita - Capitol Court Dialysis3.32 miles away4176 N 56th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53216Dialysis Stations: 16 (414) 445-2119