Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale is located in the large metropolitan area of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This nursing home was given an overall score of F. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Milwaukee. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Neither this place's overall score nor its category scores gave us anything positive to point out. Its best category was short-term care, but even there it received just a D. In calculating these short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Given its grade in this category, we were not surprised to learn that this place was well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. The final metric we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics doomed this facility's short-term care grade.
Sadly, this facility's second best category was inspections, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they caused a risk to patient health or safety. Lastly, we want to point out that this place received large government fines in recent years amounting to more than $100,000. This typically means that a nursing home'spoor performance spanned multiple years.
Does this page answer your questions about Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. We scrutinized the qualifications of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses were with patients, in determining our grade in this category. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth category, this nursing home didn't perform well in this category either. With a poor grade of F in long-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is often a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the place is not as well-staffed. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 91.81495 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 6.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents which have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 3.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who had UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 13.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 15.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 6.26% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 92.96% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 13.23% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 13.08 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 75.51% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 23 other nursing homes
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 7.34 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 7.44 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Davita - Bay Shore0.39 miles away5650 N Green Bay Ave #150 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (414) 351-1290
- Fresenius Medical Care Milwaukee, LLC0.93 miles away2615 W Silver Spring Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209Dialysis Stations: 18 (414) 461-2649
- Ara - Milwaukee1 miles awayMilwaukee Dialysis Center 4775 N Green Bay Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 265-1700
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Glendale1.64 miles away400 W Estabrook Blvd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 332-9960
- Wisconsin Renal Group l.l.c.1.7 miles away377 W River Woods Pkwy, Ste 111 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212Dialysis Stations: 25 (414) 967-9321
- Total Renal Care Inc2.46 miles away733 E Capitol Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212Dialysis Stations: 13 (414) 906-0144
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Dialysis, LLC3.25 miles away4021 N 52nd St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53216CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 873-3600
- Davita - Capitol Court Dialysis3.32 miles away4176 N 56th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53216Dialysis Stations: 16 (414) 445-2119