Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale is located in the large metropolitan area of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This nursing home was given an overall score of F. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Milwaukee. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Sadly, we didn't have any favorable things to say about this facility's overall grade or its category grades. Its best area is the category of inspections. However, with a grade of just D in this area, it still performed badly. One of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We suggest you scrutinize the level of severity of the deficiencies. This particular nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a threat to resident health or safety. Lastly, we also would like to point out that this place was assessed large government fines in recent years of more than $100,000. This typically signifies that a nursing home's poor performance spanned several years.
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility's next most favorable score was short-term care. As it turns out, with a D in this area, it still performed relatively poorly. Short-term care grades are typically employed to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical nursing home. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. Our nursing rating consists of many datapoints, but the paramount one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home offered only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This place fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was long-term care. This facility was given a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that category. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category may not provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities provide. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 93.548386 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 6.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who experienced a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 3.17% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 13.77% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 15.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 6.45% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 92.81% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 21.75% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 21.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dycora Transitional Health - Glendale, 75.11% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 24 other nursing homes
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 7.34 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 7.44 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Davita - Bay Shore0.39 miles away5650 N Green Bay Ave #150 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (414) 351-1290
- Fresenius Medical Care Milwaukee, LLC0.93 miles away2615 W Silver Spring Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209Dialysis Stations: 18 (414) 461-2649
- Ara - Milwaukee1 miles awayMilwaukee Dialysis Center 4775 N Green Bay Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 265-1700
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Glendale1.64 miles away400 W Estabrook Blvd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 332-9960
- Wisconsin Renal Group l.l.c.1.7 miles away377 W River Woods Pkwy, Ste 111 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212Dialysis Stations: 25 (414) 967-9321
- Total Renal Care Inc2.46 miles away733 E Capitol Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212Dialysis Stations: 13 (414) 906-0144
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Dialysis, LLC3.25 miles away4021 N 52nd St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53216CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 873-3600
- Davita - Capitol Court Dialysis3.32 miles away4176 N 56th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53216Dialysis Stations: 16 (414) 445-2119