Dupage Care Center is a nursing home in Wheaton, Illinois, which has a population of 59,488 people. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is a high-end grade. We flat out can't say enough favorable things about this nursing home. Keep reading to find this facility's category scores, which are also impressive. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Dupage Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Government - County
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them a grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Dupage Care Center?
We also wanted to point out this nursing home's nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of B+ in this category. Inspection ratings are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a B. Believe it or not, this turned out to be this facility's least impressive area. A facility could be doing a lot worse when it's poorest score still is superior to most facilities. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dupage Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dupage Care Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dupage Care Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who have suffered a fall resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dupage Care Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dupage Care Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dupage Care Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dupage Care Center, 30.45% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dupage Care Center, 87.4% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dupage Care Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dupage Care Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Dupage Care Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dupage Care Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dupage Care Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dupage Care Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.88 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.31 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 9.78 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.19 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.04 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.57 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Davita - Geneva Crossings2.45 miles away546 S Schmale Road Carol Stream Illinois 60188Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 260-4086
- Fmc - Dupage West2.87 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Fmc - West Chicago Dialysis Center4.44 miles away1859 Neltnor Blvd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 293-5952
- Dialyze Direct Il - Glen Ellyn4.66 miles away800 Roosevelt Rd Ste C-16 Glen Ellyn Illinois 60137Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 942-1111
- Usrc - Villa Park Dialysis4.94 miles away200 E. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 530-5237
- Fmc - Glendale Heights Dialysis Center5.96 miles away130 E. Army Trail Road Glendale Heights Illinois 60139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 924-7286
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center6.02 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fmc - Lombard Dialysis6.03 miles away1940 Springer Drive Lombard Illinois 60148Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 693-0394