Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center is a small facility located in North Dighton, Massachusetts. With an overall grade of A-, this facility is one of the higher-rated nursing homes we assessed. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the country. This nursing home also received consistently good ratings in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jul 1, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
On top of being a strong facility overall, it also earned A+ inspections in recent years. Its inspections are virtually perfect. Our inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional quality feature for this nursing home is that it received a very positive long-term care score. Indeed, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. For patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 80.58253 percent of its residents, which is somewhat lower than we were hoping for. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Nursing scores are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final area, this nursing home was awarded a highly favorable short-term care rating. We awarded it a grade of B+ in this category, rounding out one of our more impressive report cards. Our short-term care scores are thought to be most important for residents in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. We weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.93% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many believe this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 91.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dighton Care and Rehabilitation Center, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.05 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 11.93 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.02 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.67 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 13.92 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Taunton Regional Dialysis Center6.03 miles awayMill River Place 1 Washington St, Suite 9 Taunton Massachusetts 02780CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (508) 828-5986
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC7.83 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC9.79 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041
- Attleboro Dialysis Center10.19 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218
- Dialysis Center of East Providence10.92 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital11.31 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital11.67 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket11.8 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313