Devonshire Care Center is located in Hemet, California. Featuring an overall rating of B, this nursing home is a great choice. Based on our assessment, you could do much worse than this place. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Devonshire Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall grade, this facility earned a grade of B+ for its inspections rating. This is a well above average score in this category. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this facility also earned a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this category. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. It does not look like this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Devonshire Care Center?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a resident more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated is long-term care. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. With our long-term care rating, we focus more on the volume of care offered by a facility, along with a handful of qualitative statistics. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Devonshire Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Devonshire Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Devonshire Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that experienced a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Devonshire Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Devonshire Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Devonshire Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Devonshire Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Devonshire Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Devonshire Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Devonshire Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Devonshire Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Devonshire Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Devonshire Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Hemet, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Hemet, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.12 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 15.26 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 16.7 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.72 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Southwest Healthcare SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.45 miles away25500 Medical Center Drive Murrieta California 92562Proprietary(951) 696-6000
- Davita-Hemet2.67 miles away3050 W. Florida Avenue Hemet California 92545CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (951) 925-9723
- Davita-Diamond Valley Dialysis Center3.64 miles away1181 N. State St. San Jacinto California 92583CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (951) 487-6528
- Davita-Banning Dialysis12.31 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont12.34 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis13.16 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis13.18 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Murrieta16.26 miles away27602 Clinton Keith Road, Bldg F Murrieta California 92562CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 679-7914
- Fmc-Moreno Valley16.47 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196