Dept of State Hospitals - Napa D/P Snf is one of only three available facilities located in Napa, California. This turns out to be an A+ facility, which is the most impressive rating that we offer. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as one of the top 500 nursing homes in the United States. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar report card is its nursing score. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Dept of State Hospitals - Napa D/P Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Napa senior living options.Get Pricing
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Napa, California Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Napa, California Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Napa, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. In determining our nursing scores, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional reason we rated this nursing home so favorably is that it was awarded an A+ long-term care score. This is flat out as dominant as it gets in this category. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 96.26169 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Dept of State Hospitals - Napa D/P Snf?
Moving on to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that category, which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an A for that category. Our inspection ratings are tied to datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category we graded, this facility received a very strong grade of A- in our short-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home wrapped up a straight A report card. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dept of State Hospitals - Napa D/P Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dept of State Hospitals - Napa D/P Snf, 0% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dept of State Hospitals - Napa D/P Snf, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that have suffered a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dept of State Hospitals - Napa D/P Snf, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients who sustained a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dept of State Hospitals - Napa D/P Snf, 81.25% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dept of State Hospitals - Napa D/P Snf, 25.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dept of State Hospitals - Napa D/P Snf, 0% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression. Many would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dept of State Hospitals - Napa D/P Snf, 94.56% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dept of State Hospitals - Napa D/P Snf, 2.67% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dept of State Hospitals - Napa D/P Snf, 5.23% of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dept of State Hospitals - Napa D/P Snf, 5.23% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.24 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- 60th Medical Group (Travis Afb)Acute Care - Department of Defense 16.91 miles away103 Bodin Circle Fairfield Fairfield California 94533Department of Defense(707) 423-7300
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.4 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - VacavilleAcute Care Hospitals 19.6 miles away1 Quality Drive Vacaville California 95688Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 624-4000
- Usrc Napa, LLC3.26 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Silverado Dialysis3.46 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533
- Napa Dialysis Center3.69 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938
- Fairfield Dialysis Center8.75 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo10.27 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Wellbound of Vallejo10.8 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070
- Rai Chadbourne10.83 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088
- Vallejo Dialysis Center10.86 miles away830 Redwood Street Vallejo California 94590CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (707) 642-2017