Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield is in Chesterfield, Missouri. Our grading system was not very kind to this nursing home, as it received an overall grade of F. Based on our assessment, you would be better off to steer clear of this place. Surprisingly, we were able to give this nursing home some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Chesterfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was terrible, it fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility only earned a D for its long-term care grade, which ended up being one of its better category grades. Long-term care grades in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 71.6753 percent of its patients. This is pretty significantly less than average. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we graded was short-term care. This facility's was given a low-end short-term care grade where it received a lowly F. In forming our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
The final area we assessed is nursing. We gave it a lowly F in this area, which is an abysmal grade. The nursing score considers a variety of subcategories. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these data points to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that have suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care residents who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 5.4% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 86.07% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some would argue that mobility is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 71.67% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Chesterfield, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Chesterfield, Missouri has 6 other nursing homes
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.04 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 9.11 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 9.15 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 9.61 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Town and Country West Dialysis3.91 miles away12855 N 40 Drive Suite l4 Saint Louis Missouri 63141Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 542-0049
- Ellisville Dialysis Center4.13 miles away257 Clarkson Road Ballwin Missouri 63011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 207-7401
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center4.21 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- Fmc - Creve Coeur5.51 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC5.88 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center7.24 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Saint Louis West Dialysis7.55 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis8.57 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311