Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield is in Chesterfield, Missouri. Featuring an overall score of D, this is a lower end nursing home. In our view, we'd struggle to recommend this facility. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its strong inspection grade. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this place overall, we awarded it a grade of B+ for our inspections category. This score is far better than the nursing home's overall score. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its next most favorable category grade in the category of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a B- in this category, which is a reasonably acceptable score. Short-term care ratings are important for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable area is long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a C. Our long-term care grade is commonly used to measure a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a skilled nursing facility. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 77.448746 percent of its residents. This is significantly below what we expected. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The next area we looked at is nursing. This facility was given a poor grade of F in that category. Nursing ratings are tied to quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay patients which have suffered falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which have had a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients which were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 4.11% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 88.89% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some would argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Many would argue that mobility is vital to patients health.
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Chesterfield, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Chesterfield, Missouri has 9 other nursing homes
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.04 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 9.11 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 9.15 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 9.61 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Town and Country West Dialysis3.91 miles away12855 N 40 Drive Suite l4 Saint Louis Missouri 63141Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 542-0049
- Ellisville Dialysis Center4.13 miles away257 Clarkson Road Ballwin Missouri 63011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 207-7401
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center4.21 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- Fmc - Creve Coeur5.51 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC5.88 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center7.24 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Saint Louis West Dialysis7.55 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis8.57 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311