Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located in Hilliard, Ohio, a city with a total of 54,017 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of D, which is a lower end rating. In our view, we would be very reluctant to recommend this nursing home. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection grade. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Hilliard senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this place overall, we awarded it a grade of B for our inspections rating. This score is much better than the place's overall grade. Inspection ratings are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a middle of the road grade in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of C. In calculating our short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical facility. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 6.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
We were surprised to find that this nursing home also excelled in the category of nursing. We awarded it a grade of D for that category, which is one of our best scores. There are a variety of criteria within this category. Most of these factors relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This place provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is long-term care. Sadly, it received an F in this category, which is a rock bottom grade. Nursing homes that don't fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated 82.28228 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be several points below average. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who have sustained falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term care residents who have sustained a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.39% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 88.91% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Darby Glenn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.73 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 7.88 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 11.02 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Davita - Canal Winchester3.32 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Davita - Hilliard Station Dialysis3.37 miles away2447 Hilliard Rome Road Hilliard Ohio 43026Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 876-3610
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC3.99 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Fmc - Columbus Northwest3.99 miles away6670 Perimeter Drive, Suite 180 Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 718-2863
- Davita - Dublin4.16 miles away6770 Perimeter Drive Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 798-8359
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.5.74 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis6.43 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732
- Fmc Liberty Dialysis West Columbus6.73 miles away4500 West Broad St Columbus Ohio 43228Dialysis Stations: 19 (614) 853-5995