Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center is a large facility in Florissant, Missouri. With an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a very poor nursing home. Unfortunately, the city grade for Florissant is not too much better. Nevertheless, you still should be able to do better More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is nursing, which is addressed in the next section.
Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
We were not able to award this facility any respectable grades. We especially wanted to point out that it received an F for its nursing grade. Nursing ratings are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This facility averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these datapoints to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Among this facility's alarming category grades was an F for its inspection grade. More often than not, this means we found some red flags on the facility's inspection reports. We would advise paying close attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection rating. We recommend you scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a threat to resident safety or health. Lastly, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received large government fines recently amounting to over $100,000. This generally indicates that a bad track record has been an issue for multiple years.
Does this page answer your questions about Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this nursing home a rock-bottom F in the area of short-term care. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. With its poor rating in this category, we weren't stunned to find this facility provides far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The last measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.7 percent of its patients returning home. This was quite a bit below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final area, this nursing home really didn't fare very well in this category either. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as as uninspiring as it gets. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. We were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated just 77.13567 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that sustained falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. More frequent bathing reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center, 4.11% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center, 88.89% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crystal Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Florissant, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Florissant, Missouri has 9 other nursing homes
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 4.68 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 8.58 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.65 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.26 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.08 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.13 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Fmc - Florissant0.37 miles away577 Hodershell Road Florissant Missouri 63031Dialysis Stations: 13 (314) 831-2178
- Metro Dialysis Center - North1.34 miles away2 Grandview Plaza Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (314) 831-7990
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - North County2.04 miles away6865 Parker Rd. Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 653-6100
- North Saint Louis County Dialysis2.08 miles away13119 New Halls Ferry Road Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 838-3252
- Hazelwood Dialysis2.09 miles away637 Dunn Road #125 Hazelwood Missouri 63042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 731-8039
- Cross Keys Dialysis2.1 miles away14001 New Halls Ferry Rd #133 Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 839-7416
- Florissant Dialysis2.62 miles away10887 W Florissant Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63136CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 524-5737
- Metro St Louis Dialysis Center, LLC3.16 miles away10160 W Florissant Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 869-4978