With an address in Crown Point, Indiana, Crown Point Christian Village is one of five facilities in the area. We awarded this nursing home an impressive overall grade of B. In addition, this facility ended up being notably better than the average nursing home in Crown Point. In addition, this facility is also based in a hospital, which can often mean the facility offers more extensive healthcare services. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its nursing score, which we will address in the next section.
Crown Point Christian Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a strong overall score, this nursing home performed well in our nursing category. We gave it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. When determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we consider the quantity of hours nurses commit to residents and the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving a patient even once per day.
This facility also excelled in inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that area. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 10 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Crown Point Christian Village?
Short-term Care Quality
The next best category we awarded this nursing home in any category came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a B-. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is long-term care. We gave this facility a C in that area. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the vaccine to 95.290855 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable figure. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crown Point Christian Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crown Point Christian Village, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crown Point Christian Village, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crown Point Christian Village, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crown Point Christian Village, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crown Point Christian Village, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crown Point Christian Village, 12.38% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crown Point Christian Village, 91.56% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crown Point Christian Village, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crown Point Christian Village, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Crown Point Christian Village, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crown Point Christian Village, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crown Point Christian Village, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crown Point Christian Village, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Crown Point, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Crown Point, Indiana has 4 other nursing homes
- Franciscan Health Crown PointAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away1201 S Main St Crown Point Indiana 46307Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 757-6100
- St Mary Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.42 miles away1500 S Lake Park Ave Hobart Indiana 46342Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 942-0551
- Methodist Hospitals IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.42 miles away600 Grant St Gary Indiana 46402Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 886-4000
- Porter Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.5 miles away85 East Us Hwy 6 Valparaiso Indiana 46383Proprietary(219) 983-8300
- Franciscan Health DyerAcute Care Hospitals 15.25 miles away24 Joliet St Dyer Indiana 46311Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 865-2141
- Franciscan Health MunsterAcute Care Hospitals 16.15 miles away701 Superior Ave Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 922-4200
- Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.38 miles away901 Macarthur Blvd Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 836-1600
- St Catherine Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 18.71 miles away4321 Fir St East Chicago Indiana 46312Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 392-7004
- Fmc - Merrillville Dialysis Center6.18 miles away550 West 84th Drive Merrillville Indiana 46410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (219) 795-1990
- Home Dialysis Services Merrillville, LLC6.29 miles away200 East 80th Place Suite 2 Merrillville Indiana 46410Dialysis Stations: 1 (219) 472-0379
- Fmc - Crown Point6.49 miles away851 W. Burrell St. Crown Point Indiana 46307CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (219) 662-2648
- Davita - Merrillville Dialysis6.59 miles away9223 Taft Street Merrillville Indiana 46410Dialysis Stations: 16 (219) 793-9035
- Fmc - Hobart7.63 miles away1330 S. Wisconsin Street Hobart Indiana 46342CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (219) 947-9289
- Merrillville North Dialysis Center8.26 miles away6059 Broadway Merrillville Indiana 46410CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (219) 980-1090
- Davita - Gary9.67 miles away4802 Broadway Gary Indiana 46408CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (219) 887-1199
- Dialysis Center of Portage LLC10.48 miles away5615 Us Highway 6 Portage Indiana 46368Dialysis Stations: 17 (219) 762-4848