With an address in Crown Point, Indiana, Crown Point Christian Village is one of five facilities in the area. We awarded this nursing home an impressive overall grade of B. In addition, this facility ended up being notably better than the average nursing home in Crown Point. In addition, this facility is also based in a hospital, which can often mean the facility offers more extensive healthcare services. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its nursing score, which we will address in the next section.
Crown Point Christian Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
6685 E 117th Ave,
Crown Point IN 46307
55.65% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a strong overall score, this nursing home performed well in our nursing category. We gave it an A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. When determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we consider the quantity of hours nurses commit to residents and the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving a patient even once per day.
This facility also excelled in inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that area. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 10 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Crown Point Christian Village?
Long-term Care Quality
The next best category we awarded this nursing home in any category came in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a B-. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 96.8661 percent of its patients. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we graded was short-term care. We gave it a grade of C in that category. This is a decent grade in this area. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This area is generally a useful measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 3.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crown Point Christian Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crown Point Christian Village, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crown Point Christian Village, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crown Point Christian Village, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crown Point Christian Village, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients which are administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crown Point Christian Village, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crown Point Christian Village, 12.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crown Point Christian Village, 91.48% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crown Point Christian Village, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crown Point Christian Village, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility. Many in the industry believe that mobility is critical to patients health.
In Crown Point Christian Village, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crown Point Christian Village, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crown Point Christian Village, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crown Point Christian Village, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Crown Point, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Crown Point, Indiana has 4 other nursing homes
- Franciscan Health Crown PointAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away1201 S Main St Crown Point Indiana 46307Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 757-6100
- St Mary Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.42 miles away1500 S Lake Park Ave Hobart Indiana 46342Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 942-0551
- Methodist Hospitals IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.42 miles away600 Grant St Gary Indiana 46402Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 886-4000
- Porter Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.5 miles away85 East Us Hwy 6 Valparaiso Indiana 46383Proprietary(219) 983-8300
- Franciscan Health DyerAcute Care Hospitals 15.25 miles away24 Joliet St Dyer Indiana 46311Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 865-2141
- Franciscan Health MunsterAcute Care Hospitals 16.15 miles away701 Superior Ave Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 922-4200
- Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.38 miles away901 Macarthur Blvd Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 836-1600
- St Catherine Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 18.71 miles away4321 Fir St East Chicago Indiana 46312Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 392-7004
- Fmc - Merrillville Dialysis Center6.18 miles away550 West 84th Drive Merrillville Indiana 46410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (219) 795-1990
- Home Dialysis Services Merrillville, LLC6.29 miles away200 East 80th Place Suite 2 Merrillville Indiana 46410Dialysis Stations: 1 (219) 472-0379
- Fmc - Crown Point6.49 miles away851 W. Burrell St. Crown Point Indiana 46307CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (219) 662-2648
- Davita - Merrillville Dialysis6.59 miles away9223 Taft Street Merrillville Indiana 46410Dialysis Stations: 16 (219) 793-9035
- Fmc - Hobart7.63 miles away1330 S. Wisconsin Street Hobart Indiana 46342CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (219) 947-9289
- Merrillville North Dialysis Center8.26 miles away6059 Broadway Merrillville Indiana 46410CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (219) 980-1090
- Davita - Gary9.67 miles away4802 Broadway Gary Indiana 46408CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (219) 887-1199
- Dialysis Center of Portage LLC10.48 miles away5615 Us Highway 6 Portage Indiana 46368Dialysis Stations: 17 (219) 762-4848