Cross Pointe Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Dania, Florida. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is a very strong score. As far as we can see, this facility should be a no brainer for just about anybody. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Cross Pointe Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a impressive short-term care grade. Indeed, this ended up being its second most impressive category score. In that category, we awarded this facility a score of A-. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to forge a fair measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. We were not able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Cross Pointe Care Center?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. The nursing grade is based on a variety of datapoints. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final area, this nursing home also was given an impressive long-term care rating, with a B+. This completed a very strong profile. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a life or death health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cross Pointe Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely caused by poor nursing care. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression. High rates of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 94.61% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels.
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.08 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 6.99 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Memorial Hospital WestAcute Care Hospitals 10.31 miles away703 N Flamingo Rd Pembroke Pines Florida 33028Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 436-5000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.96 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Kidney Kare Outpatient Services0.67 miles away326 E Dania Beach Blvd Dania Florida 33004Dialysis Stations: 3 (954) 923-3855
- South Florida Dialysis1.85 miles away1 Oakwood Blvd #100 Hollywood Florida 33020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 894-7500
- Hallandale Dialysis2.33 miles away2655 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood Florida 33020Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 925-9909
- Fresenius Kidney Care Southern Broward2.39 miles away2700 Hollywood Blvd Suite 100 Hollywood Florida 33020Dialysis Stations: 17 (954) 926-5090
- Memorial Regional Hosp - Pediatric Dialysis2.59 miles away3501 Johnson St Hollywood Florida 33021Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 265-0100
- Hollywood Dialysis2.64 miles away4000 Hollywood Blvd #175-S Hollywood Florida 33021CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 962-3100
- South Broward Artificial Kidney Ctr3.33 miles away4401 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood Florida 33021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (954) 962-2211
- East Ft Lauderdale Dialysis Center LLC4.17 miles away1301 S Andrews Ave Suite 101 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33315CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 761-1273