Cross Pointe Care Center is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Dania, Florida. This turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a truly elite score. As far as we can see, this facility should be a no brainer for just about anybody. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar profile is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cross Pointe Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
440 Phippen Waiters Road,
Dania FL 33004
97.72% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its elite achievements in other areas, we awarded this facility a grade of A for its long-term care score. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly illness for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Cross Pointe Care Center?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing scores are mostly tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning a resident even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was short-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our higher grades in that area, with a grade of B. Even though this isn't as dominant as a few of this facility's other grades, it is nevertheless a positive score. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cross Pointe Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. More supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 2.53% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 95.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who retained mobility levels.
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cross Pointe Care Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.08 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 6.99 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Memorial Hospital WestAcute Care Hospitals 10.31 miles away703 N Flamingo Rd Pembroke Pines Florida 33028Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 436-5000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.96 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Kidney Kare Outpatient Services0.67 miles away326 E Dania Beach Blvd Dania Florida 33004Dialysis Stations: 3 (954) 923-3855
- South Florida Dialysis1.85 miles away1 Oakwood Blvd #100 Hollywood Florida 33020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 894-7500
- Hallandale Dialysis2.33 miles away2655 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood Florida 33020Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 925-9909
- Fresenius Kidney Care Southern Broward2.39 miles away2700 Hollywood Blvd Suite 100 Hollywood Florida 33020Dialysis Stations: 17 (954) 926-5090
- Memorial Regional Hosp - Pediatric Dialysis2.59 miles away3501 Johnson St Hollywood Florida 33021Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 265-0100
- Hollywood Dialysis2.64 miles away4000 Hollywood Blvd #175-S Hollywood Florida 33021CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 962-3100
- South Broward Artificial Kidney Ctr3.33 miles away4401 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood Florida 33021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (954) 962-2211
- East Ft Lauderdale Dialysis Center LLC4.17 miles away1301 S Andrews Ave Suite 101 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33315CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 761-1273