Crestwood Manor - 112 is in the large metropolitan area of Modesto, California with a total of 255,354 people. This nursing home turns out to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. If you take a look at the other options in Modesto, we suspect you will find this facility to be a better option than most nursing homes in the city. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is long-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Crestwood Manor - 112
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Modesto senior living options.Get Pricing
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this facility also received an elite long-term care grade. We gave it one of our higher grades in that category, with an impressive grade of A. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This nursing home also performed well in inspections, which is based on the facility's government inspections. We gave it an A for that category. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestwood Manor - 112?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this isn't a bad score either. There are quite a few factors included in this area. Many of the subcategories are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is significantly below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we graded was short-term care, turned out to be this facility's worst area. We gave this facility a grade of D in that category. This really is one of just a few dings of an otherwise impressive report card. Our short-term care scores are critical for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestwood Manor - 112 Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestwood Manor - 112, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestwood Manor - 112, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestwood Manor - 112, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents who have had a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestwood Manor - 112, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestwood Manor - 112, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestwood Manor - 112, 5.83% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestwood Manor - 112, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestwood Manor - 112, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestwood Manor - 112, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Crestwood Manor - 112, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestwood Manor - 112, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Modesto, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Modesto, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.3 miles away1700 Coffee Rd Modesto California 95355Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 526-4500
- Doctors Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away1441 Florida Avenue Modesto California 95350Proprietary(209) 578-1211
- Oak Valley Hospital DistrictAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away350 S Oak Ave Oakdale California 95361Government - Hospital District or Authority(209) 847-3011
- Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.56 miles away825 Delbon Ave Turlock California 95382Voluntary non-profit - Church(209) 667-4200
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 15.27 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 17.38 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Modesto Kidney Center, LLC0.96 miles away305 E. Granger Ave.., Ste. 102 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (209) 574-6800
- Satellite Dialysis Modesto1.23 miles away3500 Coffee Road #21 Modesto California 95355CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 578-0691
- Archway Modesto Home Training1.45 miles away3001 Health Care Way, Suite 101 Modesto California 95350Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 543-1721
- Wellbound of Modesto2.62 miles away1315 Tenth Street #100 Modesto California 95354Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 238-4080
- Satellite Dialysis Central Modesto2.62 miles away1315 10th Street, Suite 300 Modesto California 95354CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 238-4087
- Parkway Kidney Center3.47 miles away2200 Plaza Parkway, Suite b1-b4 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 574-6818
- Satellite Healthcare Ceres4.69 miles away1372 Mitchell Road Modesto California 95351Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 300-8700
- Ceres Dialysis Center4.84 miles away1768 Mitchell Road Suite 308 Ceres California 95307CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (209) 538-9853