Crestwood Health Care Center is a large facility in Florissant, Missouri. This facility was given an alarming overall grade based on the data we assessed. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Florissant. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is long-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Crestwood Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
11400 Mehl Avenue,
Florissant MO 63033
92.8% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Crestwood Health Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This place didn't perform quite as poorly in the area of long-term care. We gave it a C for that area. Long-term care ratings are critical for residents requiring non-healthcare services such as personal care. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 93.67816 percent of its patients, which is a bit less than we expected. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This facility didn't perform horribly in the category of inspections. We gave it a grade of C for that category. Other categories were the source of its rock bottom overall score. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place had 4 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were category G through L deficiencies. This tells you that this facility avoided the more significant classes of deficiencies. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestwood Health Care Center?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. Our nursing category weighs a handful of factors, most of which are based on nursing hours. With a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident daily, this facility's nurse staffing levels were well below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is short-term care. This facility received a very poor grade of F in this area. Our short-term care grades are probably more critical for individuals needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Given its abysmal rating in this area, we were not stunned to find that this facility provided substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most nursing homes. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestwood Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestwood Health Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestwood Health Care Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term residents who have sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestwood Health Care Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestwood Health Care Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestwood Health Care Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestwood Health Care Center, 4.19% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestwood Health Care Center, 88.53% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestwood Health Care Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestwood Health Care Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Crestwood Health Care Center, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestwood Health Care Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crestwood Health Care Center, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Florissant, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Florissant, Missouri has 9 other nursing homes
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.85 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.73 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.61 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Fmc - St Louis Northeast0.35 miles away2840 Target Dr Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 355-1322
- Florissant Dialysis0.87 miles away10887 W Florissant Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63136CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 524-5737
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - North County1.54 miles away6865 Parker Rd. Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 653-6100
- North Saint Louis County Dialysis1.61 miles away13119 New Halls Ferry Road Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 838-3252
- Metro St Louis Dialysis Center, LLC1.67 miles away10160 W Florissant Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 869-4978
- Metro Dialysis Center - North1.81 miles away2 Grandview Plaza Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (314) 831-7990
- North County Dialysis Center2.31 miles away272 Mayfair Drive Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 859-1234
- Cross Keys Dialysis2.64 miles away14001 New Halls Ferry Rd #133 Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 839-7416