Crestwood Center is an average-sized facility in Milford, New Hampshire. This facility received an overall grade of B-, which is a decent grade. This place has a few things working in its favor. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its stellar inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent government inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an A+ in this category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. We weren't able to track down deficiency counts for this nursing home. Without having access to the information regarding deficiencies for this nursing home, it ended up being difficult to really evaluate it in the inspections category.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an impressive score in our short-term care category. We gave this facility a better than average grade of B in that category. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestwood Center?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. The nursing category analyzes a handful of components, many of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This figure is far below the national average. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive category was long-term care, which is the final area we assessed. In this category, we gave this nursing home a D. For patients in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 99.17355 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestwood Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestwood Center, 6.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestwood Center, 5.18% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestwood Center, 3.06% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestwood Center, 16.95% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestwood Center, 16.72% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestwood Center, 5.54% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts would argue this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestwood Center, 95.74% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestwood Center, 19.68% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestwood Center, 24.67% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Crestwood Center, 1.18 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestwood Center, 24.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crestwood Center, 11.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crestwood Center, 77.92% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.42 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- Monadnock Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.26 miles away452 Old Street Road Peterborough New Hampshire 03458Proprietary(603) 924-7191
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.56 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.47 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.53 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Nashoba Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.6 miles away200 Groton Road Ayer Massachusetts 01432Proprietary(978) 784-9000
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Nh Dialysis Center2.16 miles away586 Nashua St Unit #20 Milford New Hampshire 03055Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 672-6678
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.8.4 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547
- Davita Nashua Dialysis11.42 miles away38 Tyler Street Nashua New Hampshire 03061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (603) 598-1665
- Bedford Dialysis Davita11.65 miles away15 Constitution Dr, Suite 1c Bedford New Hampshire 03110Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 471-1904
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry13.33 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- Davita Derry Dialysis13.33 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Davita Manchester Dialysis15.1 miles away903 Hanover Street Manchester New Hampshire 03104Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 621-4903
- Manchester Kidney Center15.51 miles away1750 Elm Street Suite 100 Manchester New Hampshire 03103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (603) 647-4042