Crestwood Center is an average-sized facility in Milford, New Hampshire. This facility received an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. This place truly has plenty going for it. Fortunately, this nursing home did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Milford senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate deficiency data for this facility. Without having access to the information regarding deficiencies for this nursing home, it ended up being challenging to really grade it in the area of inspections.
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. We analyzed the licensure of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the number of hours those nurses were with patients, in calculating our score in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestwood Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest area turned out to be long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. This nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was short-term care. In this category, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. Short-term care grades are vital for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 4.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestwood Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestwood Center, 6.4% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestwood Center, 5.61% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestwood Center, 1.12% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestwood Center, 13.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestwood Center, 24.23% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestwood Center, 0% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestwood Center, 100% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestwood Center, 26.32% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestwood Center, 15.26% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Crestwood Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestwood Center, 15.26% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crestwood Center, 1.83% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crestwood Center, 82.46% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.42 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- Monadnock Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.26 miles away452 Old Street Road Peterborough New Hampshire 03458Proprietary(603) 924-7191
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.56 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.47 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.53 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Nashoba Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.6 miles away200 Groton Road Ayer Massachusetts 01432Proprietary(978) 784-9000
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Nh Dialysis Center2.16 miles away586 Nashua St Unit #20 Milford New Hampshire 03055Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 672-6678
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.8.4 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547
- Davita Nashua Dialysis11.42 miles away38 Tyler Street Nashua New Hampshire 03061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (603) 598-1665
- Bedford Dialysis Davita11.65 miles away15 Constitution Dr, Suite 1c Bedford New Hampshire 03110Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 471-1904
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry13.33 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- Davita Derry Dialysis13.33 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Davita Manchester Dialysis15.1 miles away903 Hanover Street Manchester New Hampshire 03104Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 621-4903
- Manchester Kidney Center15.51 miles away1750 Elm Street Suite 100 Manchester New Hampshire 03103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (603) 647-4042