Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health is a facility located in Santa Rosa, California, a city with a total of 209,844 people. This nursing home is a lower end facility. A grade in this range indicates we found some red flags. Keep in mind that Santa Rosa received a city grade of B, so should consider some other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection grade. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
850 Sonoma Ave,
Santa Rosa CA 95404
75.52% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't grade this nursing home favorably overall, we did give it an excellent score in the category of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Inspection ratings are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's more respectable category grades came in the area of long-term care. This wound up being its second most favorable category. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of C. Long-term care grades are commonly used to gauge a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 77.79961 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Nevertheless, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. There are a variety of subcategories within this category. Many of these subcategories are tied to staffing levels. This place offered just 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was short-term care, in which this nursing home was given a rock bottom grade in this area as well. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F in this area, which is definitely very concerning. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. With a grade in this range in this area, we weren't stunned to find this facility was well below average in several staffing figures we assess. In fact, it offered substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most nursing homes. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.5 percent of its patients returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients who suffered a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients which have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric could be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are typically given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 95.44% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Santa Rosa, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Santa Rosa, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 2.37 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 3.5 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.66 miles away30 Mark West Springs Road Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 576-4000
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Healdsburg District HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.67 miles away1375 University Avenue Healdsburg California 95448Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 431-6500
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.83 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Bma Santa Rosa0.2 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa2.8 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Davita Santa Rosa Springs Dialysis4.58 miles away18 East Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 36 (707) 544-5043
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park6.25 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Fmc Santa Rosa North7.11 miles away487 Aviation Blvd. Suite 110 Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 568-1755
- Satellite Dialysis Windsor9.46 miles away8911 Lakewood Drive, Ste.16 Windsor California 95492CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 836-1091
- Fmc Petaluma13.17 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis13.53 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293