Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health is a facility located in Santa Rosa, California, a city with a total of 209,844 people. This nursing home is a lower end facility. A grade in this range indicates we found some red flags. Based on our assessment, this place likely isn't the best fit for most people. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection grade. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Santa Rosa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were fairly low on this facility overall, we awarded it an A- for our inspections rating. This score is significantly more impressive than the facility's overall score. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid nursing homes with a list of severe deficiencies flagged. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities next most favorable category was long-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in this area. This is basically a middle of the road score in this area. Our long-term care grade is often used to judge a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a skilled nursing facility. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We found that this nursing home vaccinated only 83.29939 percent of its patients, which is somewhat concerning. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health?
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. Our nursing score assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of those nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. With just 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, this place's nurse staffing levels were significantly below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is short-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an F in this category, which is a bottom of the barrel score. In determining our short-term care ratings, we assess a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is often a fair measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. With a score of this caliber in this area, we weren't shocked to find this place was well below average in several staffing metrics we assess. It provided significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other facilities. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 5.7% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 4.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 0.43% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 18.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 30.83% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents that were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 6.93% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 89.13% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 4.3% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 8.53% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels. Many would argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 8.53% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 7.86% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 71.02% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 2.37 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 3.5 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.66 miles away30 Mark West Springs Road Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 576-4000
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Healdsburg District HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.67 miles away1375 University Avenue Healdsburg California 95448Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 431-6500
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.83 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Bma Santa Rosa0.2 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa2.8 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Davita Santa Rosa Springs Dialysis4.58 miles away18 East Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 36 (707) 544-5043
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park6.25 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Fmc Santa Rosa North7.11 miles away487 Aviation Blvd. Suite 110 Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 568-1755
- Satellite Dialysis Windsor9.46 miles away8911 Lakewood Drive, Ste.16 Windsor California 95492CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 836-1091
- Fmc Petaluma13.17 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis13.53 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293