Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health is a facility located in Santa Rosa, California, a city with a total of 209,844 people. This nursing home is a lower end facility. A grade in this range indicates we found some red flags. Keep in mind that Santa Rosa received a city grade of B, so should consider some other options in the city as well. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't grade this nursing home favorably overall, we did give it an excellent score in the category of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Inspection ratings are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's more respectable category grades came in the area of long-term care. This wound up being its second most favorable category. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of C. Long-term care grades are commonly used to gauge a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 77.08738 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Nevertheless, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health?
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home a grade of just D for our short-term care grade. This is well below average in this category. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to create a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this nursing home provides significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical facility. The last metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.4 percent of its residents returning home.
The last category we analyzed is nursing, proved to be this facility's worst area. We gave this nursing home a D in that area. There are numerous data points included in this category. Most of these data points reflect levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided only 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term residents which suffer from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents that were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 95.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels. Many would argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Creekside Rehabilitation & Behavioral Health, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Santa Rosa, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Santa Rosa, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 2.37 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 3.5 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.66 miles away30 Mark West Springs Road Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 576-4000
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Healdsburg District HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.67 miles away1375 University Avenue Healdsburg California 95448Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 431-6500
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.83 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Bma Santa Rosa0.2 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa2.8 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Davita Santa Rosa Springs Dialysis4.58 miles away18 East Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 36 (707) 544-5043
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park6.25 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Fmc Santa Rosa North7.11 miles away487 Aviation Blvd. Suite 110 Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 568-1755
- Satellite Dialysis Windsor9.46 miles away8911 Lakewood Drive, Ste.16 Windsor California 95492CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 836-1091
- Fmc Petaluma13.17 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis13.53 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293