Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Indianapolis, Indiana which has a population of 910,148 people. This isn't a bad nursing home with a C overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Indianapolis. Based on our assessment, there are certainly far worse facilities out there. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its strong short-term care rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Indianapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home an A- for our short-term care grade. This score is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. In computing these short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ in that category, which is one of our better scores. Our nursing rating is primarily associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center?
We wanted to note that this facility received an F for its inspection score. An F in this category is very concerning because it generally points to red flags on the nursing home's inspections. For nursing homes with poor inspection scores, you should really focus on any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This particular nursing home was assessed one category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more serious deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies found by inspectors had potential to pose actual harm to residents. Finally, we also want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines in recent years of more than $100,000. This typically suggests that a nursing home's poor track record spanned multiple years.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care, which turned out to be this nursing home's weakest category. Sadly, it received an abysmal F for this area, which is certainly a major disappointment. Long-term care scores in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to only 90.85873 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, 14.48% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, 91.03% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels.
In Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Creekside Health and Rehabilitation Center, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 23 other nursing homes
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 3.98 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 4.14 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- Davita Fall Creek2.1 miles away3820 N College Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46205Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 926-5125
- Fmc-Indianapolis Midtown2.41 miles away3007 Dr Andrew J Brown Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46205CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 924-8104
- Fmc - Indianapolis3.62 miles away2480 North Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46208CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (317) 923-4520
- Davita Metro Point Dialysis4.12 miles away1218 North Pennsylvania Street Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 686-0548
- Fmc - Indianapolis-East4.3 miles away6701 E. 21st Street Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (317) 358-1037
- Davita - Indy East4.55 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Fmc - Circle City4.66 miles away1420 N. Senate Ave., Suite B Indianapolis Indiana 46202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 632-1273
- Fmc - Irvington4.72 miles away1740 Industry Drive Suite A Indianapolis Indiana 46219Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 353-8207