Creekside Center is one of 15 options in Stockton, California. With an overall rating of A-, this facility is ranked among the more impressive nursing homes we looked at. Indeed, this is one of the three best facilities in Stockton. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
9107 N. Davis Road,
Stockton CA 95209
93.73% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
We also would like to emphasize that this nursing home has earned nearly flawless inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end assessment, this nursing home also was awarded an excellent long-term care score, with a score of A-. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. This facility was also able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 1.11 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a significantly lower hospitalization rate than the majority of nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekside Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this nursing home also received a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. Short-term care ratings are crucial for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home, which as an area this nursing home performed much more favorably. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of facilities with 61.7 percent of its residents returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most nursing homes.
The next category we looked at was nursing, where this facility received a B. While this ended up being its poorest category grade, this is nevertheless an above average grade. Our nursing rating analyzes many data points, however, the primary one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 3.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at a few quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place excelled in these areas, with excellent scores for minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. These areas are generally reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekside Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekside Center, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekside Center, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekside Center, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekside Center, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekside Center, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekside Center, 4.32% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekside Center, 96.21% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekside Center, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekside Center, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
In Creekside Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekside Center, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Creekside Center, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Creekside Center, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Stockton, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Stockton, California has 14 other nursing homes
- St Joseph's Medical Center of StocktonAcute Care Hospitals 4.93 miles away1800 N California St Stockton California 95204Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 943-2000
- Dameron HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away525 West Acacia Street Stockton California 95203Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 944-5550
- San Joaquin General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away500 W Hospital Road French Camp California 95231Government - Local(209) 468-6000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 17.09 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 17.82 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Delta Sierra Dialysis Center1.58 miles away555 West Benjamin Holt Drive #200 Stockton California 95207CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (209) 473-2294
- Stockton Kidney Clinic3.12 miles away1523 East March Lane Suite 200 Stockton California 95210CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (209) 472-3300
- Satellite Dialysis of Stockton3.2 miles away1801 East March Lane Suite a100 Stockton California 95210CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 473-6890
- Rai West March3.44 miles away3115 West March Lane Suite A Stockton California 95219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (209) 955-7527
- Rai North California4.64 miles away2350 N California Street Stockton California 95204Dialysis Stations: 15 (209) 943-0854
- Satellite Dialysis Stockton - University Park5.12 miles away590 E Harding Way Stockton California 95204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 774-5800
- Lodi Dialysis Center6.05 miles away1610 West Kettleman Lane, Suite D Lodi California 95242CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (209) 334-9888
- Tokay Dialysis Center7.11 miles away312 South Fairmont Avenue Suite A Lodi California 95240CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (209) 369-5418