Creekside Care Center is a small nursing home located in Yucaipa, California. This nursing home received a rock bottom overall rating based on the data we looked at. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Yucaipa. The city has just two other nursing homes. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Creekside Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 9 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't rate too badly in the category of short-term care. In fact, we awarded it a C in that area, which wound up being among its higher scores. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we considered the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually well below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekside Care Center?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. Our nursing category is based on a handful of datapoints, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. With only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were far below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was long-term care. This facility received a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that area. For residents seeking a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home also keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekside Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekside Care Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekside Care Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who experienced a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekside Care Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekside Care Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekside Care Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekside Care Center, 4.33% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekside Care Center, 95.72% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekside Care Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekside Care Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekside Care Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Creekside Care Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Creekside Care Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.02 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.38 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 11.63 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.26 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.51 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.51 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 18.6 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.77 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Davita-Yucaipa Dialysis Center2.72 miles away33487 Yucaipa Blvd. Yucaipa California 92399CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (909) 797-6200
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont7.37 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Banning Dialysis9.04 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Fmc-Rai-Indiana Court-Redlands10.61 miles away1210 Indiana Court Redlands California 92374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (909) 792-8880
- Davita-Highland Ranch Dialysis Center11.17 miles away7223 Church Street, Suite a-14 Highland California 92346CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 862-9670
- Davita-Valley View Dialysis11.25 miles away26900 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (951) 247-2844
- Fmc-Moreno Valley11.46 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196
- Davita-Vista Heights Dialysis Center11.69 miles away12220 Perris Blvd, Ste A Moreno Valley California 92557Dialysis Stations: 37 (951) 242-5112