Creekside Care Center is a small nursing home located in Yucaipa, California. This nursing home received a rock bottom overall rating based on the data we looked at. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Yucaipa. The city has just two other nursing homes. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Creekside Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it actually received a relatively impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our better grades in that category with a grade of B. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. It is typically in your best interest to avoid nursing homes that had too many deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 9 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
Incredibly, we awarded this facility a C for its short-term care rating, which isn't a bad grade. Short-term care grades are typically used to grade a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually well below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekside Care Center?
We were surprised to find that this nursing home also excelled in the category of nursing. We gave it an impressive grade of D for that category, which is one of our highest scores. In determining our nursing grades, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of those nurses. This nursing home offered a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our final area, we awarded this nursing home a D in long-term care. This was the nursing home's worst category rating. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekside Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekside Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekside Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekside Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekside Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents which were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekside Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekside Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. High rates of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekside Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekside Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekside Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekside Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Creekside Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.02 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.38 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 11.63 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.26 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.51 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.51 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 18.6 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.77 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Davita-Yucaipa Dialysis Center2.72 miles away33487 Yucaipa Blvd. Yucaipa California 92399CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (909) 797-6200
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont7.37 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Banning Dialysis9.04 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Fmc-Rai-Indiana Court-Redlands10.61 miles away1210 Indiana Court Redlands California 92374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (909) 792-8880
- Davita-Highland Ranch Dialysis Center11.17 miles away7223 Church Street, Suite a-14 Highland California 92346CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 862-9670
- Davita-Valley View Dialysis11.25 miles away26900 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (951) 247-2844
- Fmc-Moreno Valley11.46 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196
- Davita-Vista Heights Dialysis Center11.69 miles away12220 Perris Blvd, Ste A Moreno Valley California 92557Dialysis Stations: 37 (951) 242-5112