Creekside Care Center is one of just a few facilities in Yucaipa, California. This nursing home turns out to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on our ratings, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. The best part of this nursing home's profile is is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Creekside Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Yucaipa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility an impressive grade of A- for our short-term care grade. This score is much more impressive than its overall score. In determining our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is considered to be a solid measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we considered the number of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Another one of this nursing home's stronger areas was in the category of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B+. Nursing grades are mostly associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a patient even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekside Care Center?
This facility's inspection grade also was quite a bit better than its overall grade. Due to a strong inspection report this year, it received one of our better scores in that category with a B. Inspection grades are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 9 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is long-term care, is this facility's worst category. We gave this facility a D in that area. This was one of the few weak links on an otherwise strong report card. For patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. After we finished assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinates 99.40829 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekside Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekside Care Center, 8.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekside Care Center, 1.78% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekside Care Center, 1.59% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients that experienced a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekside Care Center, 2.63% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekside Care Center, 31.25% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekside Care Center, 17.01% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekside Care Center, 99.7% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekside Care Center, 18.12% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekside Care Center, 10.07% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekside Care Center, 10.07% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Creekside Care Center, 82.63% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.02 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.38 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 11.63 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.26 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.51 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.51 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 18.6 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.77 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Davita-Yucaipa Dialysis Center2.72 miles away33487 Yucaipa Blvd. Yucaipa California 92399CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (909) 797-6200
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont7.37 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Banning Dialysis9.04 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Fmc-Rai-Indiana Court-Redlands10.61 miles away1210 Indiana Court Redlands California 92374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (909) 792-8880
- Davita-Highland Ranch Dialysis Center11.17 miles away7223 Church Street, Suite a-14 Highland California 92346CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 862-9670
- Davita-Valley View Dialysis11.25 miles away26900 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (951) 247-2844
- Fmc-Moreno Valley11.46 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196
- Davita-Vista Heights Dialysis Center11.69 miles away12220 Perris Blvd, Ste A Moreno Valley California 92557Dialysis Stations: 37 (951) 242-5112