Coventry Meadows is in the large metropolitan area of Fort Wayne, Indiana which has a population of 305,409 people. This facility received an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. Based on our analysis, you could do much worse than this nursing home. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for the area of inspections. Our inspection grades are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home truly excelled in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A-. Only a select group of nursing homes performed better in this category. Short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Coventry Meadows?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. There are quite a few criteria included in this grade. Many of the datapoints relate to nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, while this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it did well in this area.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was long-term care. We gave this facility a C in this category. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 95.57522 percent of its patients, which is a very solid figure. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Coventry Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Coventry Meadows, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Coventry Meadows, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Coventry Meadows, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay patients who have experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Coventry Meadows, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Coventry Meadows, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Coventry Meadows, 12.38% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Coventry Meadows, 91.56% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Coventry Meadows, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Coventry Meadows, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Coventry Meadows, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Coventry Meadows, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Coventry Meadows, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Coventry Meadows, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Fort Wayne, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Wayne, Indiana has 25 other nursing homes
- Lutheran Hospital of IndianaAcute Care Hospitals 0.15 miles away7950 W Jefferson Blvd Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Proprietary(260) 435-7001
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away700 Broadway Fort Wayne Indiana 46802Proprietary(260) 425-3000
- Dupont Hospital LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.95 miles away2520 E Dupont Rd Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Proprietary(260) 416-3000
- Orthopaedic Hospital at Parkview North LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.74 miles away11130 Parkview Circle Dr Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 672-4050
- Parkview Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.76 miles away11109 Parkview Plaza Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 266-1000
- Parkview Whitley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.25 miles away1260 E Sr 205 Columbia City Indiana 46725Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 248-9301
- Parkview Huntington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.86 miles away2001 Stults Rd Huntington Indiana 46750Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 355-3000
- Fmc - Northeast Indiana Kidney Ctr - Fort Wayne0.94 miles away7836 W. Jefferson Blvd., Suite ll10 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (260) 432-4225
- Davita - Appleseed2.35 miles away1833 Magnavox Way Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 4 (260) 432-1036
- Davita - Fort Wayne West3.21 miles away4916 Illinois Road, Suite 118 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 14 (260) 434-0483
- Randolph Dialysis, LLC3.94 miles away6721 Old Trail Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46809Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 478-8582
- Davita - Fort Wayne South5.75 miles away302 E. Pettit Ave. Fort Wayne Indiana 46806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (260) 456-0451
- Davita - Summit City Dialysis9.03 miles away3233 East Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne Indiana 46805CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (260) 373-1599
- Davita-Fort Wayne North Dialysis11.23 miles away415 E Dupont Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Dialysis Stations: 13 (260) 637-0431
- Fmc - Dupont Dialysis11.95 miles away10204 East Dupont Circle Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46825CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 489-9255