Coventry Court Health Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Anaheim, California which has a population of 354,475 people. Featuring an overall score of B+, this facility should work for most prospective residents. You can definitely do much worse than this facility. This place was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Coventry Court Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a strong overall grade as described above, but we especially would like to emphasize its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded it an A- in this area. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor dings aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to this nursing home's list of achievements, it also received a high-end short-term care score. We awarded them a dominant grade of A- in this area. Our short-term care scores are vital for people requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Coventry Court Health Center?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. The nursing rating weighs a number of datapoints. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last category, this nursing home received a respectable long-term care score. While this is not as good as several of its other scores, this is still nothing to be ashamed of. In computing our long-term care ratings, we look at the facility's personal care services. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable total. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Coventry Court Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Coventry Court Health Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Coventry Court Health Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Coventry Court Health Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Coventry Court Health Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Coventry Court Health Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Coventry Court Health Center, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Coventry Court Health Center, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Coventry Court Health Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Coventry Court Health Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that mobility is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Coventry Court Health Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Coventry Court Health Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Coventry Court Health Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Coventry Court Health Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Anaheim, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Anaheim, California has 13 other nursing homes
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.98 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.66 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Davita-Anaheim Springs Dialysis1.14 miles away1324 S Euclid Street Anaheim California 92802CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 774-1518
- Fmc-Rai-Garden Grove Blvd.-Garden Grove2.07 miles away12555 Garden Grove Blvd., Suite 100 Garden Grove California 92843Dialysis Stations: 13 (714) 741-7255
- Fmc-Rai-Harbor Blvd.-Garden Grove2.1 miles away12761 Harbor Blvd., Suite I-3 Garden Grove California 92840CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 539-3122
- Davita-Garden Grove Harbor Dialysis2.13 miles away13054 North Harbor Blvd. Garden Grove California 92843CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 539-3395
- Davita-Anaheim West Dialysis2.47 miles away1821 W. Lincoln Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 765-6510
- Fmc-North Orange County3.1 miles away511 N. Brookhurst Street, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (714) 778-0488
- Davita-Westminster South Dialysis3.16 miles away14014 Magnolia St. Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 894-8712
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis3.46 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484