Coventry Court Health Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Anaheim, California which has a population of 354,475 people. Featuring an overall score of B+, this facility should work for most prospective residents. You can definitely do much worse than this facility. This place was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Coventry Court Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Anaheim senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really excelled at short-term care, where it received an impressive grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this area. In determining our short-term care scores, we size up the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is typically a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
In addition, this nursing home also performed well in inspections, which is based on its recent government inspections. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Coventry Court Health Center?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. When computing our nursing ratings, we weigh both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was long-term care. This nursing home received an above average long-term care rating in our assessment, with a B-. Although this wasn't quite as good as many of its other scores, this is still a decent rating in that category. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Coventry Court Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Coventry Court Health Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Coventry Court Health Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who have had falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Coventry Court Health Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which have had a urinary tract infection. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Coventry Court Health Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients which were administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Coventry Court Health Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Coventry Court Health Center, 5.83% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Coventry Court Health Center, 95.65% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Coventry Court Health Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Coventry Court Health Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Coventry Court Health Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Coventry Court Health Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Coventry Court Health Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Coventry Court Health Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Anaheim, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Anaheim, California has 5 other nursing homes
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.98 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.66 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Davita-Anaheim Springs Dialysis1.14 miles away1324 S Euclid Street Anaheim California 92802CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 774-1518
- Fmc-Rai-Garden Grove Blvd.-Garden Grove2.07 miles away12555 Garden Grove Blvd., Suite 100 Garden Grove California 92843Dialysis Stations: 13 (714) 741-7255
- Fmc-Rai-Harbor Blvd.-Garden Grove2.1 miles away12761 Harbor Blvd., Suite I-3 Garden Grove California 92840CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 539-3122
- Davita-Garden Grove Harbor Dialysis2.13 miles away13054 North Harbor Blvd. Garden Grove California 92843CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 539-3395
- Davita-Anaheim West Dialysis2.47 miles away1821 W. Lincoln Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 765-6510
- Fmc-North Orange County3.1 miles away511 N. Brookhurst Street, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (714) 778-0488
- Davita-Westminster South Dialysis3.16 miles away14014 Magnolia St. Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 894-8712
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis3.46 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484