Coventry Court Health Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Anaheim, California which has a population of 354,475 people. Featuring an overall score of B+, this facility should work for most prospective residents. You can definitely do much worse than this facility. The best part of this place's profile was is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Coventry Court Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home received even higher grades for short-term care. In fact, it earned one of our best grades in that area with an A-. In our short-term care assessment, we endeavor to craft a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
We also want to emphasize this nursing home's nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Inspection grades account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Coventry Court Health Center?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. When computing a nursing home's nursing score, we look at the number of hours nurses are seeing residents and the levels of training of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is long-term care. We awarded this nursing home one of our better scores in that category, with a B. This facility ended up being very solid across the board. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Coventry Court Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Coventry Court Health Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Coventry Court Health Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Coventry Court Health Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Coventry Court Health Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Coventry Court Health Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Coventry Court Health Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Coventry Court Health Center, 95.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Coventry Court Health Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Coventry Court Health Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
In Coventry Court Health Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Coventry Court Health Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Coventry Court Health Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Coventry Court Health Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Anaheim, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Anaheim, California has 13 other nursing homes
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.98 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.66 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Davita-Anaheim Springs Dialysis1.14 miles away1324 S Euclid Street Anaheim California 92802CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 774-1518
- Fmc-Rai-Garden Grove Blvd.-Garden Grove2.07 miles away12555 Garden Grove Blvd., Suite 100 Garden Grove California 92843Dialysis Stations: 13 (714) 741-7255
- Fmc-Rai-Harbor Blvd.-Garden Grove2.1 miles away12761 Harbor Blvd., Suite I-3 Garden Grove California 92840CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 539-3122
- Davita-Garden Grove Harbor Dialysis2.13 miles away13054 North Harbor Blvd. Garden Grove California 92843CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 539-3395
- Davita-Anaheim West Dialysis2.47 miles away1821 W. Lincoln Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 765-6510
- Fmc-North Orange County3.1 miles away511 N. Brookhurst Street, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (714) 778-0488
- Davita-Westminster South Dialysis3.16 miles away14014 Magnolia St. Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 894-8712
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis3.46 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484