Covenant Medical Center Michigan is a facility in Saginaw, Michigan, a city with 135,669 people. Sporting an overall grade of A, this is clearly a top-shelf nursing home. As a matter of fact, this proved to be the top facility in the city. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Covenant Medical Center Michigan
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Covenant Medical Center Michigan has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Saginaw senior living options.Get Pricing
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Saginaw, Michigan Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Saginaw, Michigan Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Saginaw, Michigan Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our short-term care ratings are critical for patients needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 7.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. There are quite a few criteria within this grade. Most of these datapoints relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Covenant Medical Center Michigan?
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection scores are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is long-term care. In this category, we gave this nursing home a decent grade of B-. This actually proved to be this facility's weakest category. For patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down this place's vaccination data. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Covenant Medical Center Michigan Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Covenant Medical Center Michigan, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Covenant Medical Center Michigan, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Saginaw, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saginaw, Michigan has 5 other nursing homes
- Covenant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.57 miles away1447 N Harrison Saginaw Michigan 48602Voluntary non-profit - Private(989) 583-4000
- Ascension St Mary's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.98 miles away800 S Washington Avenue Saginaw Michigan 48601Voluntary non-profit - Church(989) 776-8000
- Healthsource SaginawAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away3340 Hospital Road Saginaw Michigan 48603Voluntary non-profit - Other(989) 790-7888
- Mclaren Bay RegionAcute Care Hospitals 12.61 miles away1900 Columbus Ave Bay City Michigan 48708Voluntary non-profit - Private(989) 894-3000
- Town Center Dialysis - Davita0.14 miles away323 N Michigan Ave Saginaw Michigan 48602CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (989) 791-3624
- Bay Area Regl Dialysis Ctr - Saginaw Riverside0.32 miles away920 N Niagara St Saginaw Michigan 48602CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (989) 921-2170
- Saginaw Dialysis Clinic - Davita1.08 miles away311 Hoyt Ave Saginaw Michigan 48607Dialysis Stations: 13 (989) 771-5094
- Bay Area Regl Dialysis Ctr - Saginaw3.9 miles away4800 Mcleod Dr E Saginaw Michigan 48604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (989) 790-9440
- Gulch Dialysis LLC4.82 miles away5641 Bay Rd Saginaw Michigan 48604Dialysis Stations: 13 (989) 249-1350
- Davita Colmare Dialysis7.1 miles away6302 Dixie Hwy Bridgeport Michigan 48722Dialysis Stations: 12 (989) 777-0780
- Davita - Bay City Dialysis12.51 miles away3170 Professional Ct Bay City Michigan 48706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (989) 686-8782
- Bay Area Reg Dialysis - Essexville13.57 miles away1536 W Center Rd Essexville Michigan 48732Dialysis Stations: 24 (989) 894-2810