Countryside Meadows is one of four available facilities located in Avon, Indiana. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A grade of this caliber requires some decent marks. With no elite facilities in the city, this turned out to be the highest graded facility in Avon. The best part of this nursing home's profile is is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
762 N Dan Jones Rd,
Avon IN 46123
62.45% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it earned an excellent inspection score. Its inspection grade was far better than its overall score. In our inspections category, we gave this facility a grade of A-. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a positive score in short-term care. This nursing home earned a B+ in this area, which happens to be one of our better grades. Short-term care grades are generally employed to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Countryside Meadows?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. The nursing score is based on many datapoints. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, while this place got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this statistic.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was long-term care, proved to be this facility's worst area. We awarded this facility a D in that category. This really was one of just a couple of weak links on an otherwise impressive profile. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Countryside Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Countryside Meadows, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Countryside Meadows, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Countryside Meadows, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which have sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic can be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Countryside Meadows, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Countryside Meadows, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Countryside Meadows, 12.89% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Countryside Meadows, 91.48% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Countryside Meadows, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Countryside Meadows, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Countryside Meadows, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Countryside Meadows, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Countryside Meadows, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Countryside Meadows, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Avon, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Avon, Indiana has 3 other nursing homes
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.6 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.02 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.44 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 13.77 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 16.16 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Davita - Avon Dialysis2.77 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic5.82 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561
- Davita - Plainfield5.89 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West5.98 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Fmc - Hendricks County6.12 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347
- Davita - Eagle Highlands6.53 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Davita - Westview Dialysis8.78 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center9.27 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667