Countryside Meadows is one of four available facilities located in Avon, Indiana. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A grade of this caliber requires some decent marks. Based on our assessment, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. The best part of this nursing home's profile is is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Avon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this facility received a decent overall grade is its excellent inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our higher grades in that area, with an A-. This is a much better grade than the place's overall grade, which was decent but not in the elite range. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we still had a generally favorable view of this nursing home's inspections.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this facility a grade of B+ in our short-term care category. This happens to be one of our higher grades. With our short-term care assessment, we attempt to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this category is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Countryside Meadows?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing score. In fact, we gave this facility an D. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care, which proved to be this facility's weakest area. It received an F in this area, which is obviously very disappointing. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable total. To our surprise, this place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Countryside Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Countryside Meadows, 6.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Countryside Meadows, 3.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care. More supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Countryside Meadows, 3.94% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Countryside Meadows, 8.43% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Countryside Meadows, 29.76% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Countryside Meadows, 36.41% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Countryside Meadows, 100% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Countryside Meadows, 19.46% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Countryside Meadows, 3.36% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Countryside Meadows, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Countryside Meadows, 3.36% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Countryside Meadows, 11.89% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Countryside Meadows, 91.28% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Avon, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Avon, Indiana has 3 other nursing homes
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.6 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.02 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.44 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 13.77 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 16.16 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Davita - Avon Dialysis2.77 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic5.82 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561
- Davita - Plainfield5.89 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West5.98 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Fmc - Hendricks County6.12 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347
- Davita - Eagle Highlands6.53 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Davita - Westview Dialysis8.78 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center9.27 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667