Country Villa Claremont Health Center is one of just three available nursing homes located in Claremont, California. Featuring an overall score of C, this is likely a solid facility. Based on our assessment, this place would be a good fit for quite a few people. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Country Villa Claremont Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its decent overall score, we gave this nursing home a grade of A- for its inspection grade. This is far better than its overall grade. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. This place was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a strong long-term care score. Indeed, we gave them a grade of B in this category, which happens to be one of our better. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Claremont Health Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. When determining our nursing ratings, we weigh both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day, which is well below average. Finally, although this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this metric.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next area, this nursing home really didn't perform very well. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in short-term care, this is this facility's poorest area. Our short-term care grade is typically used to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to offer highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Given its score in this area, we were not surprised to find that this facility was well below average in terms of the quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. Frankly, this was about what we expected to find. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This definitely wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 3.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Claremont Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who have experienced a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care patients who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.38 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.06 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.32 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center1.14 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership1.78 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis1.92 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.2.26 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.2.85 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis2.9 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.2.91 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- Davita-Pomona Valley Dialysis4.41 miles away2703 S Towne Avenue Pomona California 91766CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 590-4930