Country Villa Claremont Health Center is one of just three available nursing homes located in Claremont, California. Featuring an overall score of C, this is likely a solid facility. Based on our assessment, this place would be a good fit for quite a few people. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Country Villa Claremont Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We would like to point out that this facility's inspection score exceeded its overall score. This facility earned a grade of B+ in this category, which is a quality score. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area typically have few severe deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
This facility's second best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. There are quite a few subcategories included in this grade. Most of these datapoints relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Claremont Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a decent grade of C. Long-term care grades assess a facility's assistance with daily living rather than the skilled nursing and medical services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than most nursing homes. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's worst category was short-term care, which is the final category we assessed. For this category, we gave this facility a grade of just D. Our short-term care scores are believed to be more critical for folks in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Considering its grade in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this place is well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Claremont Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients which suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often the result of poor nursing care. More supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients who are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.38 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.06 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.32 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center1.14 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership1.78 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis1.92 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.2.26 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.2.85 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis2.9 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.2.91 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- Davita-Pomona Valley Dialysis4.41 miles away2703 S Towne Avenue Pomona California 91766CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 590-4930