Country Villa Claremont Health Center is one of just two available nursing homes located in Claremont, California. Featuring an overall score of C, this is likely a solid facility. Based on our assessment, this place would be a good fit for quite a few people. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Villa Claremont Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Claremont senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We would like to point out that this facility's inspection score exceeded its overall score. This facility earned a grade of B+ in this category, which is a quality score. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area typically have few severe deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a positive score in long-term care. This nursing home earned a grade of B in this category, which happens to be one of our more impressive scores. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Claremont Health Center?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. In computing a facility's nursing rating, we look at the amount of time nurses commit to residents and the level of skill of the nurses. This place provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, while this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality metrics. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this statistic.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we rated is short-term care, which is this facility's worst area. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this area. In forming our short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this facility offers substantially less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics doomed this nursing home's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Claremont Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 5.83% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 95.65% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels.
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Claremont Health Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.38 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.06 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.32 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center1.14 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership1.78 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis1.92 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.2.26 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.2.85 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis2.9 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.2.91 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- Davita-Pomona Valley Dialysis4.41 miles away2703 S Towne Avenue Pomona California 91766CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 590-4930