Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is on a list of 20 nursing homes in Miami, Florida. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility. This facility was given one of the highest grades we offer. A score in this range requires first-rate marks across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the nation. One of the major highlights of this facility's remarkable report card is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Miami senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our highest scores in that area with an A+. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to alert you to the fact that this nursing home fared very well in our long-term care rating. We awarded them a dominant score of A+ in this area. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This is a great way to minimize negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing grades are largely associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving residents at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is this facility's weakest area. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still gave it an acceptable grade of B- for our short-term care category. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most important for those needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 3.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients which were given antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.53% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 95.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Many believe that mobility is vital to residents' health.
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- Westchester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.14 miles away2500 Sw 75th Ave Miami Florida 33155Proprietary(305) 263-9270
- Nicklaus Children's HospitalChildrens 1.63 miles away3100 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33155Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 666-6511
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.41 miles away5000 University Dr Miami Florida 33146Voluntary non-profit - Other(305) 666-2111
- Larkin Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away7031 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33143Proprietary(305) 284-7500
- South Miami HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.18 miles away6200 Sw 73rd St Miami Florida 33143Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 662-4000
- Baptist Hospital of MiamiAcute Care Hospitals 5.55 miles away8900 N Kendall Dr Miami Florida 33176Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 596-1960
- Hialeah HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away651 E 25th St Hialeah Florida 33013Proprietary(305) 693-6100
- Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami Florida 33136Government - Hospital District or Authority(305) 585-1111
- Interamerican Dialysis Center1.02 miles away7815 Coral Way Ste 115 Miami Florida 33155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (305) 261-4823
- Miami Childrens Hosp Dialysis Unit1.72 miles away6125 Sw 31st St Miami Florida 33155Dialysis Stations: 5 (305) 669-6479
- Florida Renal Center1.94 miles away5300 W Flagler Street Miami Florida 33134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 443-5702
- Bma - Metropolitan Miami2.47 miles away5550 W Flagler St Miami Florida 33134Dialysis Stations: 16 (786) 388-1305
- Ultimate Care Dialysis Center2.98 miles away2720 Sw 97th #201 Miami Florida 33165Dialysis Stations: 9 (305) 226-2699
- Fmc - Coral Gables LLC3.31 miles away238 Palermo Avenue Miami Florida 33134Dialysis Stations: 8 (305) 443-0112
- Coral Gables Kidney Center3.46 miles away3280 Ponce De Leon Blvd Miami Florida 33134CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 448-9888
- Fmc - Doral3.49 miles away11251 Nw 20th St #105 Miami Florida 33172Dialysis Stations: 13 (305) 716-8608