With more than 25 options to choose from located in Miami, Florida, Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is one of the seemingly endless list of facilities here. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility. This nursing home was given one of the top grades we offer. A score in this range requires excellent scores across the board. Indeed, we ranked this facility as the tenth best nursing home in Miami. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received an A+ for its long-term care grade. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we look at the amount of time nurses commit to residents and the level of skill of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was short-term care. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a favorable grade of B. Short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 4 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care residents which are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 94.61% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who maintained mobility. Some experts argue that mobility is critical to patients health.
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Coral Gables Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 34 other nursing homes
- Westchester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.14 miles away2500 Sw 75th Ave Miami Florida 33155Proprietary(305) 263-9270
- Nicklaus Children's HospitalChildrens 1.63 miles away3100 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33155Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 666-6511
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.41 miles away5000 University Dr Miami Florida 33146Voluntary non-profit - Other(305) 666-2111
- Larkin Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away7031 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33143Proprietary(305) 284-7500
- South Miami HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.18 miles away6200 Sw 73rd St Miami Florida 33143Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 662-4000
- Baptist Hospital of MiamiAcute Care Hospitals 5.55 miles away8900 N Kendall Dr Miami Florida 33176Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 596-1960
- Hialeah HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away651 E 25th St Hialeah Florida 33013Proprietary(305) 693-6100
- Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami Florida 33136Government - Hospital District or Authority(305) 585-1111
- Interamerican Dialysis Center1.02 miles away7815 Coral Way Ste 115 Miami Florida 33155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (305) 261-4823
- Miami Childrens Hosp Dialysis Unit1.72 miles away6125 Sw 31st St Miami Florida 33155Dialysis Stations: 5 (305) 669-6479
- Florida Renal Center1.94 miles away5300 W Flagler Street Miami Florida 33134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 443-5702
- Bma - Metropolitan Miami2.47 miles away5550 W Flagler St Miami Florida 33134Dialysis Stations: 16 (786) 388-1305
- Ultimate Care Dialysis Center2.98 miles away2720 Sw 97th #201 Miami Florida 33165Dialysis Stations: 9 (305) 226-2699
- Fmc - Coral Gables LLC3.31 miles away238 Palermo Avenue Miami Florida 33134Dialysis Stations: 8 (305) 443-0112
- Coral Gables Kidney Center3.46 miles away3280 Ponce De Leon Blvd Miami Florida 33134CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (305) 448-9888
- Fmc - Doral3.49 miles away11251 Nw 20th St #105 Miami Florida 33172Dialysis Stations: 13 (305) 716-8608