Copper Ridge Health Care is a facility located in West Jordan, Utah. The city has a total of 113,582 people. It looks like this is a great facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average grade. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. As you can see below, this place also performed well in our category grades. It is hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Copper Ridge Health Care
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our inspection grades are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a score of A- for our short-term care grade. Our short-term care grade is typically used to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services. To offer quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Copper Ridge Health Care?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. The nursing rating features a host of factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B. This facility did not end up having any weak grades. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Copper Ridge Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 6.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who suffer from pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 2.65% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 13.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 21.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 10.85% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 83% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 14% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 18.79% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 0.9 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 18.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 10.55 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Jordan Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.21 miles away3580 West 9000 South West Jordan Utah 84088Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 561-8888
- Riverton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away3741 West 12600 South Riverton Utah 84065Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 285-4000
- Lone Peak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away11925 South State Street Draper Utah 84020Proprietary(801) 545-8000
- Intermountain Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away5121 South Cottonwood Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 507-7000
- Alta View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away9660 South 1300 East Sandy Utah 84094Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 501-2600
- St Mark's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away1200 East 3900 South Salt Lake City Utah 84124Proprietary(801) 268-7700
- Salt Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.96 miles away1050 East South Temple Salt Lake City Utah 84102Proprietary(801) 350-4111
- Lds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.14 miles away8th Avenue and C Street Salt Lake City Utah 84143Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 408-1100
- Liberty Dialysis West Jordan (Fmc)0.15 miles away3823 W 9000 S Ste D West Jordan Utah 84088Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 280-4600
- South Valley Dialysis Center3.8 miles away8750 S Sandy Pkwy Sandy Utah 84070Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 233-8745
- South Mountain Dialysis4.15 miles away10969 S Riverfront Pkwy Ste 100 South Jordan Utah 84095Dialysis Stations: 16 (801) 253-9696
- Oquirrh Artificial Kidney Center4.73 miles away5320 South 2700 West Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 417-9900
- West Valley Dialysis Clinic4.9 miles away3854 W 5400 S Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (801) 969-6801
- Fmc-Riverton LLC5.05 miles away12523 South Creek Meadow Road Suite 107 Riverton Utah 84065Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 254-6990
- Intermountain Medical Center Dialysis Services6.85 miles away74 West Vine Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (801) 507-9000
- Fresenius Kidney Care West Salt Lake7.66 miles away4101 West Pioneer Parkway Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84120Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 966-9978