Copper Ridge Health Care is an average-sized facility located in West Jordan, Utah. With an overall grade of B+, this facility should work for most prospective patients. You can definitely do much worse than this nursing home. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Copper Ridge Health Care
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
3706 West 9000 South,
West Jordan UT 84088
74.5% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a strong overall rating, this facility fared even better in the area of inspections which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it an A for that area, which is one of our best scores. Our inspection ratings are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an impressive short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this area. Short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. One of this nursing home's strengths is physical therapy hours. We found that it offers more hours with physical therapists to its residents than most facilities. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any facility in Utah in this area with 59.3 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Copper Ridge Health Care?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the category of long-term care, where it received a grade of B. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this category. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 1.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes.
The next category we assessed was nursing. This facility was awarded a very good nursing grade this year, with a grade of B. This nursing home truly did not have any weak links. Nursing grades are mostly tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 3.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving residents even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Copper Ridge Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 5.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 3.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 2.64% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 14.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 21.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 11.43% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 83.42% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 13.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 18.94% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 0.9 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 18.94 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 10.55 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Copper Ridge Health Care, 71.32% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Jordan Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.21 miles away3580 West 9000 South West Jordan Utah 84088Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 561-8888
- Riverton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away3741 West 12600 South Riverton Utah 84065Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 285-4000
- Lone Peak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away11925 South State Street Draper Utah 84020Proprietary(801) 545-8000
- Intermountain Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away5121 South Cottonwood Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 507-7000
- Alta View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away9660 South 1300 East Sandy Utah 84094Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 501-2600
- St Mark's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away1200 East 3900 South Salt Lake City Utah 84124Proprietary(801) 268-7700
- Salt Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.96 miles away1050 East South Temple Salt Lake City Utah 84102Proprietary(801) 350-4111
- Lds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.14 miles away8th Avenue and C Street Salt Lake City Utah 84143Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 408-1100
- Liberty Dialysis West Jordan (Fmc)0.15 miles away3823 W 9000 S Ste D West Jordan Utah 84088Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 280-4600
- South Valley Dialysis Center3.8 miles away8750 S Sandy Pkwy Sandy Utah 84070Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 233-8745
- South Mountain Dialysis4.15 miles away10969 S Riverfront Pkwy Ste 100 South Jordan Utah 84095Dialysis Stations: 16 (801) 253-9696
- Oquirrh Artificial Kidney Center4.73 miles away5320 South 2700 West Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 417-9900
- West Valley Dialysis Clinic4.9 miles away3854 W 5400 S Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (801) 969-6801
- Fmc-Riverton LLC5.05 miles away12523 South Creek Meadow Road Suite 107 Riverton Utah 84065Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 254-6990
- Intermountain Medical Center Dialysis Services6.85 miles away74 West Vine Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (801) 507-9000
- Fresenius Kidney Care West Salt Lake7.66 miles away4101 West Pioneer Parkway Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84120Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 966-9978