Continuing Care at Wind Crest is a small non-profit nursing home in Littleton, Colorado. This proved to be an A+ rated facility, which is our top rating. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it as one of the top 25 nursing homes in Colorado. Scroll down to see this place's category grades, which are equally impressive. You really can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Continuing Care at Wind Crest
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Personal Care
Best Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Littleton, Colorado Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility also earned an excellent long-term care score, with an impressive grade of A. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous illness for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility was awarded a top-shelf score of A in our short-term care category. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most important for those needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Continuing Care at Wind Crest?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. In determining our nursing ratings, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Colorado in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning residents more frequently.
Finally, this facility also received excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our best grades in the area of inspections, with an A. Few nursing homes earned an A- or better in every category. Inspection scores are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Continuing Care at Wind Crest Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Continuing Care at Wind Crest, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care residents that have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Continuing Care at Wind Crest, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Continuing Care at Wind Crest, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Continuing Care at Wind Crest, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that were given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Continuing Care at Wind Crest, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Continuing Care at Wind Crest, 3.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased levels of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Continuing Care at Wind Crest, 84.99% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Continuing Care at Wind Crest, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Continuing Care at Wind Crest, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Many would argue that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Continuing Care at Wind Crest, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Continuing Care at Wind Crest, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Continuing Care at Wind Crest, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Littleton, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Littleton, Colorado has 7 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.69 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.9 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.07 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 12.09 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.99 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)2.41 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- Southwest Denver Dialysis (Dva)5.09 miles away8601 W Cross Dr Suite c2 Littleton Colorado 80123Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 933-2367
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)6.73 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)7.25 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)8.23 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Lonetree Dialysis (Dva)9.55 miles away9777 Pyramid Ct Ste 140 Englewood Colorado 80112Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 662-0466
- Kidney Center of Bear Creek (Ara)9.64 miles away11058 West Jewell Ave Denver Colorado 80232Dialysis Stations: 15 (303) 233-4204
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)9.94 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199