Continuing Care at Maris Grove is one of only two available nursing homes located in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top five percent of all nursing homes in the country. In our view, this place should be a wonderful choice for most people. Headlining this place's exemplary profile is its long-term care score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Continuing Care at Maris Grove
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 64.804474 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a few points below what we anticipated but still a respectable percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, we were pleased to find nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive score of A+ in this area. In calculating these short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Continuing Care at Maris Grove?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. In computing a nursing home's nursing grade, we consider the number of hours nurses are seeing residents and the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Pennsylvania in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving a patient more often.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in inspections, where it received an A. This wrapped up a straight A report card for this facility. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Continuing Care at Maris Grove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients that suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint can be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 3.23% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 88.5% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 6.96 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.45 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.03 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 14.24 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 14.71 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 14.8 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.1.93 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc3.53 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130
- Riddle Dialysis Center5.55 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Davita - Westtown Dialysis6.65 miles away105 Westtown Road West Chester Pennsylvania 19382CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 701-2492
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center7.16 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Fresenius Kidney Care - West Chester7.75 miles away1380 Enterprise Dr., Suite 300 West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 701-0103
- Upland Dialysis Center7.96 miles awayProfessional Office Building 2, Suite 120 One Medical Center Boulevard Chester Pennsylvania 19013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (610) 447-2825
- Fresenius Kidney Care - North Wilmington8.15 miles away4000 Washington Street Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 762-2903