Continuing Care at Maris Grove is the only option we identified in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania. We gave this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. As far as we can see, this place should be a great choice for just about anybody. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Continuing Care at Maris Grove
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Glen Mills senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great facility is that it received a very impressive short-term care score. In fact, this turned out to be its best category. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of A. Our short-term care ratings are probably most important for residents requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing grades are largely tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning patients more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Continuing Care at Maris Grove?
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated was long-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our higher scores in this category, with a B. While this wasn't as strong as a few of its other grades, it is still a fine score. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 62.015507 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be a bit lower than we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Continuing Care at Maris Grove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 3.3% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 86.27% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Continuing Care at Maris Grove, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 6.96 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.45 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.03 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 14.24 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 14.71 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 14.8 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.1.93 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc3.53 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130
- Riddle Dialysis Center5.55 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Davita - Westtown Dialysis6.65 miles away105 Westtown Road West Chester Pennsylvania 19382CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 701-2492
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center7.16 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Fresenius Kidney Care - West Chester7.75 miles away1380 Enterprise Dr., Suite 300 West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 701-0103
- Upland Dialysis Center7.96 miles awayProfessional Office Building 2, Suite 120 One Medical Center Boulevard Chester Pennsylvania 19013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (610) 447-2825
- Fresenius Kidney Care - North Wilmington8.15 miles away4000 Washington Street Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 762-2903