Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee is one of five facilities in Kissimmee, Florida. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B+. A score of this caliber requires strong scores in most areas. Based on our ratings, this place looks like a good fit for most people. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our nursing grade analyzes a handful of factors, but the paramount one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an impressive short-term care score. Indeed, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this category. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation To offer quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care, in which this facility was given a B. This facility didn't prove to have any weak grades. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 99.375 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. More supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee, 94.61% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Consulate Health Care of Kissimmee, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Kissimmee, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kissimmee, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- St Cloud Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.59 miles away2906 17th Street Saint Cloud Florida 34769Proprietary(407) 498-3432
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 9.44 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Poinciana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away325 Cypress Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34758Proprietary(407) 530-2000
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.5 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Adventhealth Heart of FloridaAcute Care Hospitals 17.02 miles away40100 Hwy 27 Davenport Florida 33837Proprietary(863) 422-4971
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 17.06 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 17.75 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Kissimmee Home Training0.7 miles away1203 N Central Ave #A Kissimmee Florida 34741Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 518-9232
- Kissimmee Dialysis0.87 miles away802 John Young Parkway Kissimmee Florida 34741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (407) 847-4423
- Hunters Creek Dialysis2.84 miles away14050 Townloop Blvd #104a Orlando Florida 32837CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (407) 858-9458
- Buena Ventura Lakes Dialysis3.47 miles away1998 E Osceola Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34743Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 348-1271
- Florida Dialysis Center of Celebration LLC3.49 miles away5051 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway Kissimmee Florida 34746Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 397-2588
- Central Florida Kidney Center - Osceola4.09 miles away14522 Landstar Blvd Suite 108 Orlando Florida 32824Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 870-1880
- Celebration Dialysis7.07 miles away1154 Celebration Blvd Kissimmee Florida 34747Dialysis Stations: 20 (407) 566-1780
- Orlando Southwest Dialysis9.82 miles away6925 Lake Ellenor Dr Ste 650 Orlando Florida 32809CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (407) 852-1751