Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven is an average-sized facility located in Knoxville, Tennessee. This is a subpar nursing home, with an overall grade of D. If you are not happy with this facility's subpar overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are seven other nursing homes in Knoxville. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection reports. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Knoxville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was not a highlight, it actually really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that area, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid facilities with a list of severe deficiencies flagged. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
We also awarded this facility a grade of C for our nursing rating. There are a number of criteria included in this category. Most of the subcategories reflect staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility's third highest category is long-term care. However, with a grade of D in this area, it still performed somewhat poorly. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care likely don't provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities provide. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 77.27273 percent of its patients. This is significantly below average. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was short-term care. This facility received a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that area. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to gauge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This definitely was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 8.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which have pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 3.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 0.52% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. However, this metric could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 1.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 38.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 2.91% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 73.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 31.98% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 42.52% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Some experts would argue that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 42.52% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 5.97% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 52.67% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Knoxville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Knoxville, Tennessee has 7 other nursing homes
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 3.2 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- Tennova Healthcare-North Knoxville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away7565 Dannaher Way Powell Powell Tennessee 37849Proprietary(865) 545-8000
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.46 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- Blount Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.18 miles away907 E Lamar Alexander Parkway Maryville Tennessee 37804Government - Local(865) 983-7211
- Methodist Medical Center of Oak RidgeAcute Care Hospitals 17.8 miles away990 Oak Ridge Turnpike Box 529 Oak Ridge Tennessee 37830Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 835-1000
- Bio-Medical Application of Tennessee, Inc.0.95 miles away4440 Walker Blvd. Knoxville Tennessee 37917Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 687-3436
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.2 miles away2519 E Magnolia Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37914Dialysis Stations: 21 (865) 633-6052
- Davita Dialysis2.13 miles away2909 E Magnolia Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37914Dialysis Stations: 25 (865) 525-2232
- Fmc Dialysis Fort Sanders2.57 miles away1740 Western Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 523-1516
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee3.06 miles away1826 Ailor Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921Dialysis Stations: 4 (865) 524-5308
- Dci Knoxville4.41 miles away3734 Martin Mill Pike Knoxville Tennessee 37920CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (865) 573-3944
- Fmc Powell4.94 miles away732 E. Emory Rd Knoxville Tennessee 37938CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 947-1700
- Dci Holston River Clinic7.58 miles away5811 East Gov. John Sevier Hwy Knoxville Tennessee 37924Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 523-3755