Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven is in Knoxville, Tennessee. The city has a variety of options. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack grade. You can definitely do worse than this place. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3300 Broadway Ne,
Knoxville TN 37917
62.96% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its relatively modest overall grade, we awarded this facility an A- for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than its overall score. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite minor. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Another one of this nursing home's stronger areas was in the category of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B. Our nursing grade is primarily associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's next best score was long-term care. As it turns out, with a D in this area, it still fared somewhat poorly. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is often a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the place is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. We were disappointed to learn that this facility vaccinated just 82.21154 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is short-term care. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this area, which is a rock bottom score. This is clearly a significant concern. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be most important for those needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Given its score in this category, we weren't stunned to discover that this facility was well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. Frankly, this was what we expected to find. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who experienced a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Closer supervision can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 9.05% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression may be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 89.05% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients health.
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Knoxville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Knoxville, Tennessee has 14 other nursing homes
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 3.2 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- Tennova Healthcare-North Knoxville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away7565 Dannaher Way Powell Powell Tennessee 37849Proprietary(865) 545-8000
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.46 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- Blount Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.18 miles away907 E Lamar Alexander Parkway Maryville Tennessee 37804Government - Local(865) 983-7211
- Methodist Medical Center of Oak RidgeAcute Care Hospitals 17.8 miles away990 Oak Ridge Turnpike Box 529 Oak Ridge Tennessee 37830Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 835-1000
- Bio-Medical Application of Tennessee, Inc.0.95 miles away4440 Walker Blvd. Knoxville Tennessee 37917Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 687-3436
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.2 miles away2519 E Magnolia Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37914Dialysis Stations: 21 (865) 633-6052
- Davita Dialysis2.13 miles away2909 E Magnolia Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37914Dialysis Stations: 25 (865) 525-2232
- Fmc Dialysis Fort Sanders2.57 miles away1740 Western Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 523-1516
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee3.06 miles away1826 Ailor Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921Dialysis Stations: 4 (865) 524-5308
- Dci Knoxville4.41 miles away3734 Martin Mill Pike Knoxville Tennessee 37920CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (865) 573-3944
- Fmc Powell4.94 miles away732 E. Emory Rd Knoxville Tennessee 37938CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 947-1700
- Dci Holston River Clinic7.58 miles away5811 East Gov. John Sevier Hwy Knoxville Tennessee 37924Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 523-3755