Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven is in Knoxville, Tennessee. The city has a variety of options. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack grade. You can definitely do worse than this place. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its stellar inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its relatively modest overall grade, we awarded this facility an A for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than its overall score. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite minor. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Adding to this facility's list of strengths, it also earned an excellent nursing rating. We gave them an impressive grade of B- in this category. Nursing scores are largely associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility only earned a D for its long-term care grade, which is not one of our better scores. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care likely don't provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes provide. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated just 85.78432 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was short-term care, proved to be this facility's worst category. We gave this facility a D in that category. In the category of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this nursing home offers significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical facility. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics doomed this facility's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term residents which suffered falls which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 8.67% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 89.63% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Many believe that mobility is important for residents' well-being.
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concordia Nursing and Rehabilitation-Northhaven, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Knoxville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Knoxville, Tennessee has 14 other nursing homes
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 3.2 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- Tennova Healthcare-North Knoxville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away7565 Dannaher Way Powell Powell Tennessee 37849Proprietary(865) 545-8000
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.46 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- Blount Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.18 miles away907 E Lamar Alexander Parkway Maryville Tennessee 37804Government - Local(865) 983-7211
- Methodist Medical Center of Oak RidgeAcute Care Hospitals 17.8 miles away990 Oak Ridge Turnpike Box 529 Oak Ridge Tennessee 37830Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 835-1000
- Bio-Medical Application of Tennessee, Inc.0.95 miles away4440 Walker Blvd. Knoxville Tennessee 37917Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 687-3436
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.2 miles away2519 E Magnolia Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37914Dialysis Stations: 21 (865) 633-6052
- Davita Dialysis2.13 miles away2909 E Magnolia Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37914Dialysis Stations: 25 (865) 525-2232
- Fmc Dialysis Fort Sanders2.57 miles away1740 Western Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 523-1516
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee3.06 miles away1826 Ailor Avenue Knoxville Tennessee 37921Dialysis Stations: 4 (865) 524-5308
- Dci Knoxville4.41 miles away3734 Martin Mill Pike Knoxville Tennessee 37920CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (865) 573-3944
- Fmc Powell4.94 miles away732 E. Emory Rd Knoxville Tennessee 37938CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (865) 947-1700
- Dci Holston River Clinic7.58 miles away5811 East Gov. John Sevier Hwy Knoxville Tennessee 37924Dialysis Stations: 24 (865) 523-3755