Concord Care Center of Cortland is a small facility located in Cortland, Ohio. Sporting an overall score of D, this is a lower end facility. At the end of the day, we would be very reluctant to recommend this facility. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was nursing, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Concord Care Center of Cortland
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Concord Care Center of Cortland has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Cortland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility well overall, we want to point out its decent grade of B- in the category of nursing. Our nursing grade is based on several subcategories, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second best category turned out to be short-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. In the category of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. In this place's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the average facility. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Concord Care Center of Cortland?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a solid grade of C. Long-term care grades focus on a nursing home's personal care instead of the highly skilled nursing or healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is more than the average nursing home. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final area we looked at is inspections. Inspection scores are based on a nursing home's recent government inspections. This facility received a score of C in this category. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This indicates it avoided the more ominous classes of deficiencies. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concord Care Center of Cortland Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concord Care Center of Cortland, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concord Care Center of Cortland, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who have suffered falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concord Care Center of Cortland, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who have sustained a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concord Care Center of Cortland, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concord Care Center of Cortland, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concord Care Center of Cortland, 21.39% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concord Care Center of Cortland, 88.91% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concord Care Center of Cortland, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concord Care Center of Cortland, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concord Care Center of Cortland, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 10.08 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.35 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Upmc HorizonAcute Care Hospitals 14.65 miles away110 North Main Street Greenville Pennsylvania 16125Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 588-2100
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.37 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Fmc - Warren4.62 miles away2100 Millenium Blvd Cortland Ohio 44410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 372-4030
- Warren Dialysis Center8.5 miles away8720 East Market Street, Ste 1a Warren Ohio 44484CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 609-5502
- Dci of Shenango Valley11.35 miles away737 Brookshire Drive Hermitage Pennsylvania 16148Dialysis Stations: 19 (724) 342-3040
- Champion Dialysis Center11.4 miles away4554 Mahoning Ave Nw Warren Ohio 44483CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 847-0189
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Hermitage12.48 miles away3036 Innovation Way Hermitage Pennsylvania 16148CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 981-1328
- Youngstown - Warren Home Dialysis12.57 miles away4531 Belmont Ave. Youngstown Ohio 44505Dialysis Stations: 3 (330) 759-3807
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Warren13.36 miles away4941 Enterprise Blvd. Nw Warren Ohio 44481Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 898-0801
- Fmc - Youngstown15.14 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860