Community Place is one of six facilities located in Jackson, Mississippi. This is an A+ facility, which is the top rating. This is quite a bit better than many of the facilities in Jackson. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category grades, which are equally impressive. You really can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Jackson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Mississippi Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite facility overall, this nursing home excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Few places fared as well in this area. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this category typically have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its long-term care grade. Facilities that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 97.95918 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Community Place?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing grade analyzes quite a few datapoints, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final category, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for its short-term care rating. This finished off a very favorable report card. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this area is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Community Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Community Place, 6.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Community Place, 2.55% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Community Place, 5.41% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care residents which suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Community Place, 16.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for treating several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Community Place, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Community Place, 0% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Community Place, 96.94% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Community Place, 30.22% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Community Place, 28.84% of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In Community Place, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Community Place, 28.84% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Community Place, 9.3% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Community Place, 73.49% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Jackson, MS
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jackson, Mississippi has 5 other nursing homes
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.12 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.09 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 3.52 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 6.46 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Isd Renal Inc1.28 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.1.65 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home2.38 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Medical Mall Dialysis2.91 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Fmc Southwest Jackson3.4 miles away1856 Hospital Drive Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (601) 371-2896
- Fmc Jackson3.78 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652
- Isd Renal Inc4.05 miles away1828 Raymond Road Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (601) 373-7897
- Isd Renal Inc7.21 miles away571 Beasley Rd Suite a (in-Center Care) Jackson Mississippi 39206CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (601) 957-1999