Community Place is one of 10 options in Jackson, Mississippi. This facility was given an overall grade of B+, which is a strong rating. If you take a look at the other options in Jackson, we suspect you will find this place to be a better option than most facilities in the city. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1129 Langley Ave,
Jackson MS 39204
90.83% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Mississippi Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this nursing home also earned nearly flawless government inspections. Therefore, it received one of our best scores in that area with an A+. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded high marks in the category of long-term care as well. Indeed, we gave it one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 96.79145 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Community Place?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also was given favorable short-term care scores in our assessment. Indeed, we awarded them one of our more favorable grades in that category, with a score of B. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
The last area we graded turned out to be this nursing home's weakest category. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still awarded it a decent grade of C in our nursing category. Nursing ratings are mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This place averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is not an impressive total. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Community Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Community Place, 10.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Community Place, 3.26% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Community Place, 3.03% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Community Place, 20.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Community Place, 22.76% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Community Place, 2.3% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Community Place, 93.75% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Community Place, 18.95% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Community Place, 20.82% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Community Place, 1.95 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Community Place, 20.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Community Place, 13.63 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Community Place, 69.18% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Jackson, MS
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jackson, Mississippi has 9 other nursing homes
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.12 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.09 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 3.52 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 6.46 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Isd Renal Inc1.28 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.1.65 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home2.38 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Medical Mall Dialysis2.91 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Fmc Southwest Jackson3.4 miles away1856 Hospital Drive Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (601) 371-2896
- Fmc Jackson3.78 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652
- Isd Renal Inc4.05 miles away1828 Raymond Road Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (601) 373-7897
- Isd Renal Inc7.21 miles away571 Beasley Rd Suite a (in-Center Care) Jackson Mississippi 39206CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (601) 957-1999