Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers is in Orlando, Florida. The city provides a variety of nursing home options. Featuring an overall rating of A, this facility is ranked among the highest graded nursing homes in Orlando, which is actually ranked among the most promising cities in Florida in terms of its nursing home scores. We simply can't say enough favorable things about this place. This facility also received very consistent scores in each of our categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Few facilities performed this well in this area. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional reason we rated this facility so highly is that it received an A+ long-term care score. This is flat out as strong as it gets in this area. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.51923 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also was awarded favorable short-term care scores this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our higher scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Short-term care grades are typically used to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services In order to have high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
The final area we looked at was nursing, where this facility received a grade of B+. This completed an elite profile. Not many nursing homes received a B+ or higher in all four categories. There are quite a few factors within this area. Most of the subcategories relate to nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who have had falls which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term residents that are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers, 2.33% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.97 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 2.31 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.12 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 12.59 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.68 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- Central Florida Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.94 miles away1401 W Seminole Blvd Sanford Florida 32771Proprietary(407) 321-4500
- Central Florida Kidney Centers Inc0.71 miles away203 Ernestine Street Orlando Florida 32801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (407) 843-6110
- Orlando Dialysis1.18 miles away116 Sturtevant St Orlando Florida 32806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (407) 426-9212
- Orlando Home Training Dialysis1.18 miles away116 Sturtevant St Ste 2 Orlando Florida 32806Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 849-1567
- Hewell Kids Kidney Center at Orlando Health1.22 miles away92 W Miller Street Orlando Florida 32806Dialysis Stations: 5 (321) 841-7970
- Florida Hospital Esrd2.43 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 303-1985
- Central Orlando Dialysis3.11 miles away2548 N Orange Blossom Trail #400 Orlando Florida 32804CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 246-5081
- West Orange Orlando Dialysis Center LLC3.6 miles away828 Mercy Drive Suite 2 Orlando Florida 32808Dialysis Stations: 16 (321) 710-0352
- Orlando North Dialysis4.24 miles away5135 Adanson St Ste 700 Orlando Florida 32804Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 539-3998