Clifton Oaks Care Center is an average-sized facility in Louisville, Kentucky. Sporting an overall rating of C, this appears to be a respectable facility. We wanted to point out that Louisville received a city grade of B, so you may want to look at other options in the city as well. One of the better aspects of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Clifton Oaks Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a decent facility is that it received a favorable inspection score. In this area, we gave this nursing home a B. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Building on this facility's list of strengths, it also earned an excellent nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of B- in this category. There are numerous datapoints within this category. Many of these subcategories reflect levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, while this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared well in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Clifton Oaks Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its next most favorable category score in the area of long-term care. We gave this facility a B- in this category, which is a respectable score. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We found that this nursing home vaccinated just 88.80866 percent of its patients, which is slightly concerning. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is short-term care. We gave this nursing home a C in that category. With our short-term care score, we endeavor to forge a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at a nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. In fact, it provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. The last statistic we considered in this category is the number of residents that returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5 percent of this facility's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clifton Oaks Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clifton Oaks Care Center, 9.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that developed pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clifton Oaks Care Center, 3.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clifton Oaks Care Center, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that have had a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clifton Oaks Care Center, 16.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clifton Oaks Care Center, 28.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clifton Oaks Care Center, 8.14% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clifton Oaks Care Center, 89.73% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clifton Oaks Care Center, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clifton Oaks Care Center, 21.86% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Clifton Oaks Care Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clifton Oaks Care Center, 21.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clifton Oaks Care Center, 13.2 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clifton Oaks Care Center, 72.02% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 40 other nursing homes
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.41 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 2.72 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 2.89 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 3.78 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 4.74 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 6.04 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Fmc - Masonic Home Dialysis2.09 miles away3501 Moyers Circle Suite 200 Masonic Home Kentucky 40041Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 721-1083
- Davita - Jeffersonville Dialysis2.15 miles away365 Quarter Master Court Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Dialysis Stations: 12 (812) 288-2296
- University of Louisville Dialysis Center, LLC2.32 miles away614 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 31 (502) 589-5997
- American Home Dialysis2.51 miles away721 South Preston Street Louisville Kentucky 40202CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 3 (502) 584-3338
- Fmc - Louisville2.61 miles away720 East Broadway Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-3021
- Ara - University Kidney Center 3rd Street3.02 miles away635 South 3rd Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 561-1314
- Davita - Spring Street3.05 miles away1601 Spring Street Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 284-2098
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Audubon3.27 miles away2355 Poplar Level Road, Suite G 2-10 Louisville Kentucky 40217Dialysis Stations: 25 (502) 637-1771