Clement Manor Health Care Center is a small non-profit nursing home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It looks like this nursing home is one of the most elite nursing homes we assessed. It was given one of the top ratings that we offer. Despite Milwaukee having 14 other nursing homes available, this one stood out as a quality option. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category scores, which are also impressive. It's hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Clement Manor Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Milwaukee senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Wisconsin Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Wisconsin Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this facility earned near flawless inspections recently. We gave them an A+ in this category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its first-rate resume, this nursing home also excelled in our short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a score of A in that area. Short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Clement Manor Health Care Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. In computing our nursing scores, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final area, this facility also was awarded an excellent long-term care score, with a B+. This finished off a first-rate profile. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This is a proven method to avoid unnecessary deaths for the aged 65 and up population. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clement Manor Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clement Manor Health Care Center, 7.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clement Manor Health Care Center, 3.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents who sustained falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clement Manor Health Care Center, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clement Manor Health Care Center, 13.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clement Manor Health Care Center, 16.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clement Manor Health Care Center, 5.98% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clement Manor Health Care Center, 92.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clement Manor Health Care Center, 13.34% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clement Manor Health Care Center, 17.08% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clement Manor Health Care Center, 17.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clement Manor Health Care Center, 14.13 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clement Manor Health Care Center, 76.01% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 13 other nursing homes
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.12 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.58 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 4.58 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 5.03 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Davita - South Ridge1.23 miles away7740 W Layton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (414) 281-1313
- Davita - Loomis Rd3.09 miles away4120 W Loomis Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 761-4920
- Fmc - Centre Point3.81 miles away11340 W Theodore Trecker Way Milwaukee Wisconsin 53214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (414) 774-1244
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest South4.08 miles away2600 W Howard Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 281-2704
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest 27th Street Branch4.18 miles away3120 S 27th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (414) 643-1714
- Davita - Bluemound4.52 miles away601 North 99th Street Suite 100 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 755-6300
- Davita - Wisconsin Ave5.65 miles away3801 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (414) 937-8240
- Childrens Hospital of Wi6.76 miles awayDialysis Unit - Mail Station 604 9000 W Wisconsin Ave, Box 1997 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53201Dialysis Stations: 5 (414) 266-2840