Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation is a small nursing home located in Gardena, California. This proved to be a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. Based on our analysis, this facility has quite a bit going for it. If you scroll down, you can see this place's category grades, which are also impressive.
Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
15823 So. Western Ave.,
Gardena CA 90247
97.26% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Mental Health
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Gardena, California Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home performed even better in our inspections category which is associated with the facility's recent government inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for this area, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Nursing grades are mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning patients more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home received a strong long-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our better grades in that area with a grade of B+. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was short-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a B. This facility ended up being strong in each area we assessed. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which sustained a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some believe this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Gardena, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Gardena, California has 7 other nursing homes
- Lac/Harbor-Ucla Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.93 miles away1000 W Carson St Torrance California 90502Government - Local(310) 222-2101
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Torrance Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away3330 Lomita Blvd Torrance California 90509Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 325-9110
- Del Amo HospitalPsychiatric 5.61 miles away23700 Camino Del Sol Torrance California 90505Proprietary(310) 530-1151
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 8.49 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- College Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away2776 Pacific Avenue Long Beach California 90806Proprietary(562) 595-1911
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- St Mary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away1050 Linden Ave Long Beach California 90813Voluntary non-profit - Church(562) 491-9000
- u.s. Renal Care Gardena Dialysis - Redondo1.02 miles away1045 W. Redondo Beach Blvd., Suite 105 Gardena California 90247CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (310) 515-0788
- u.s. Renal Care Gardena Dialysis - 190th1.72 miles away1149 W. 190th Street, Suite 1004 Gardena California 90248CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (310) 965-0830
- Davita-Hawthorne Dialysis2.27 miles away14204 Prairie Avenue Hawthorne California 90250CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 349-1174
- u.s. Renal Care South Bay Dialysis2.95 miles away4450 182nd Street Redondo Beach California 90278Dialysis Stations: 15 (310) 542-8032
- Davita-Imperial Dialysis3.19 miles away2738 W. Imperial Highway Inglewood California 90303CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 779-5399
- Davita-Gateway Plaza Dialysis Center3.48 miles away1580 W. Rosecrans Avenue Compton California 90220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (310) 631-3085
- u.s. Renal Care Torrance Dialysis Center3.73 miles away20430 Hawthorne Blvd. Torrance California 90503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (424) 212-5051
- Davita-Harbor Ucla3.94 miles away21602 S. Vermont Avenue Torrance California 90502CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 533-0413