Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation is a small nursing home located in Gardena, California. This facility received an A- overall, which is one of our better scores. Based on our analysis, this nursing home is simply as good as it gets. If you look further down this page, you can see this nursing home's category scores, which are also strong.
Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Mental Health
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of moving residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded an impressive short-term care grade as well. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that area with a grade of B+. In determining our short-term care grades, we look at a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is often a solid measure of a facility's rehabilitation. It does not look like this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this facility was awarded a high-end long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a B+ in this category, rounding out one of our more favorable profiles. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a life or death condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffered from urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 95.72% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clear View Memory Care & Rehabilitation, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Gardena, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Gardena, California has 7 other nursing homes
- Lac/Harbor-Ucla Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.93 miles away1000 W Carson St Torrance California 90502Government - Local(310) 222-2101
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Torrance Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away3330 Lomita Blvd Torrance California 90509Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 325-9110
- Del Amo HospitalPsychiatric 5.61 miles away23700 Camino Del Sol Torrance California 90505Proprietary(310) 530-1151
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 8.49 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- College Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away2776 Pacific Avenue Long Beach California 90806Proprietary(562) 595-1911
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- St Mary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away1050 Linden Ave Long Beach California 90813Voluntary non-profit - Church(562) 491-9000
- u.s. Renal Care Gardena Dialysis - Redondo1.02 miles away1045 W. Redondo Beach Blvd., Suite 105 Gardena California 90247CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (310) 515-0788
- u.s. Renal Care Gardena Dialysis - 190th1.72 miles away1149 W. 190th Street, Suite 1004 Gardena California 90248CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (310) 965-0830
- Davita-Hawthorne Dialysis2.27 miles away14204 Prairie Avenue Hawthorne California 90250CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 349-1174
- u.s. Renal Care South Bay Dialysis2.95 miles away4450 182nd Street Redondo Beach California 90278Dialysis Stations: 15 (310) 542-8032
- Davita-Imperial Dialysis3.19 miles away2738 W. Imperial Highway Inglewood California 90303CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 779-5399
- Davita-Gateway Plaza Dialysis Center3.48 miles away1580 W. Rosecrans Avenue Compton California 90220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (310) 631-3085
- u.s. Renal Care Torrance Dialysis Center3.73 miles away20430 Hawthorne Blvd. Torrance California 90503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (424) 212-5051
- Davita-Harbor Ucla3.94 miles away21602 S. Vermont Avenue Torrance California 90502CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 533-0413