City Creek Post Acute is located in the large metropolitan area of Salt Lake City, Utah. This nursing home received a concerning overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. Salt Lake City received a city grade of B, so there are some other options in the city worth considering. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is discussed in the next section.
City Creek Post Acute
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
165 South 1000 East,
Salt Lake City UT 84102
36.48% estimated occupancy 1
Note: City Creek Post Acute has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Although this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it received a somewhat respectable score in the category of inspections. We awarded it a B- for that category, which is a decent score. We would argue that one of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
We also ended up giving this facility a fairly respectable grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B-. In computing a facility's nursing rating, we consider the amount of time nurses are seeing patients and the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about City Creek Post Acute?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a middle of the road grade in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a B-. Our short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. It offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. It is important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was long-term care. We gave this facility a B- in this category. In the area of long-term care, we analyze the quantity of services offered by a facility, rather than more medically-intensive services. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
City Creek Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In City Creek Post Acute, 6.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care residents who developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In City Creek Post Acute, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that suffered falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In City Creek Post Acute, 2.65% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients that sustained urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In City Creek Post Acute, 13.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In City Creek Post Acute, 21.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In City Creek Post Acute, 10.85% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In City Creek Post Acute, 83% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In City Creek Post Acute, 14% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In City Creek Post Acute, 18.79% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In City Creek Post Acute, 18.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In City Creek Post Acute, 10.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In City Creek Post Acute, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Salt Lake City, UT
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Salt Lake City, Utah has 25 other nursing homes
- Salt Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.26 miles away1050 East South Temple Salt Lake City Utah 84102Proprietary(801) 350-4111
- Primary Childrens HospitalChildrens 1.22 miles away100 North Mario Capecchi Drive Salt Lake City Utah 84113Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 662-6212
- Lds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.3 miles away8th Avenue and C Street Salt Lake City Utah 84143Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 408-1100
- University of Utah Hospitals and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away50 North Medical Drive Salt Lake City Utah 84132Government - State(801) 581-2121
- St Mark's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away1200 East 3900 South Salt Lake City Utah 84124Proprietary(801) 268-7700
- Intermountain Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away5121 South Cottonwood Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 507-7000
- Lakeview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away630 East Medical Drive Bountiful Utah 84010Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 299-2200
- Alta View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.05 miles away9660 South 1300 East Sandy Utah 84094Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 501-2600
- Primary Children's Dialysis Center1.18 miles away81 North Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City Utah 84113Dialysis Stations: 6 (801) 662-7600
- Kolff Dialysis Center/Univ. Of Utah1.89 miles away423 Wakara Way Suite 200 Salt Lake City Utah 84108Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 581-3981
- Utah Dialysis Lab1.97 miles away1000 S Main St Ste 105 Salt Lake City Utah 84101Dialysis Stations: 19 (801) 408-1400
- Fresenius Kidney Care Wasatch5.37 miles away3702 South State Street, Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 904-4407
- Intermountain Medical Center Dialysis Services7.28 miles away74 West Vine Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (801) 507-9000
- Fresenius Kidney Care West Salt Lake8.04 miles away4101 West Pioneer Parkway Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84120Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 966-9978
- Liberty Dialysis - Woodscross (Fmc)8.23 miles away572 W 750 S Bountiful Utah 84010Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 292-2658
- Lakeside Dialysis Center8.43 miles away532 S 500 W Bountiful Utah 84010Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 299-3470