Cinnaminson Center is a nursing home in Riverton, New Jersey. This city has a total of 18,307 people. This nursing home received an uninspiring overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. Based on our analysis, this nursing home may not be a great fit for most people. Nevertheless, this nursing home surprisingly performed well in our inspections category, which you can read more about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Riverton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't grade this facility favorably overall, we actually gave it an excellent score in the category of inspections, where it earned an A. Inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid facilities with too many deficiencies flagged. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of long-term care, this nursing home was awarded just a D in this area. Sadly, this ended up being one of its better grades. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Thankfully, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.74093 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Cinnaminson Center?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. We weighed the skill-level of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the number of hours those nurses were with residents, in calculating our rating in this category. This nursing home provided just 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient daily. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final area, this nursing home didn't fare well here either. With a poor grade of F in short-term care, this is really as bad as it gets. In computing these short-term care scores, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. As you might expect, we found that this nursing home offers significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical nursing home. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cinnaminson Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cinnaminson Center, 10.55% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cinnaminson Center, 2.85% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that suffered falls which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cinnaminson Center, 0.27% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cinnaminson Center, 12.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cinnaminson Center, 18.01% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cinnaminson Center, 0% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cinnaminson Center, 98.93% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cinnaminson Center, 5.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cinnaminson Center, 5.4% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Cinnaminson Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cinnaminson Center, 5.4% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cinnaminson Center, 7.4% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cinnaminson Center, 88.08% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 7.23 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.55 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Davita Delran Dialysis3.04 miles away8008 Route 130 North Riverside New Jersey 08075CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (856) 764-0800
- Isd Renal, Inc4.69 miles away6501 Roosevelt Blvd. Suite 6581 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 288-4671
- Davita Lourdes Mt Laurel Dialysis4.81 miles away130 Gaither Drive Ste. 172 Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 20 (856) 222-4195
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Nazareth4.94 miles away2601 Holme Avenue Ground Floor, Marion Building Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 335-0668
- Davita Merchantville Dialysis5.01 miles away5000 N Crescent Blvd Suite 1a Merchantville New Jersey 08109Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 910-8798
- Davita Lourdes Dialysis at Innova Inc5.03 miles away3716 Church Road Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 222-0386
- Bensalem Dialysis Center5.1 miles away1336 Bristol Pike Units 12 &13 Bensalem Pennsylvania 19020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 638-8671
- Woodhaven Dialysis Center5.1 miles away1336 Bristol Pike, Suite B Bensalem Pennsylvania 19020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 639-1070