Cinnaminson Center is a nursing home in Riverton, New Jersey. This city has a total of 18,307 people. This nursing home is a middle of the road facility, with an overall grade of C. You could definitely do worse than this nursing home. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its remarkable inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1700 Wynwood Drive,
Riverton NJ 08077
93.33% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent inspections in recent years. We gave them an A in this category. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a B-. In determining our long-term care grades, we analyze the assistance with daily living received by the nursing home's residents. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 92.41192 percent of its residents, which is a bit less than we anticipated. Nevertheless, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Cinnaminson Center?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. In calculating a facility's nursing grade, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses commit to residents as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure which is well below average. Finally, although this nursing home got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it did well in this subcategory.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final area, this facility did not perform very well. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this was this facility's worst category grade. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is often a meaningful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Considering its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to discover that this place is well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we looked at. Frankly, this was about what we expected here. The last measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.3 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cinnaminson Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cinnaminson Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cinnaminson Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cinnaminson Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cinnaminson Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used to treat several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cinnaminson Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cinnaminson Center, 5.95% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cinnaminson Center, 91.97% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cinnaminson Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cinnaminson Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Cinnaminson Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cinnaminson Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cinnaminson Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cinnaminson Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 7.23 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.55 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Davita Delran Dialysis3.04 miles away8008 Route 130 North Riverside New Jersey 08075CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (856) 764-0800
- Isd Renal, Inc4.69 miles away6501 Roosevelt Blvd. Suite 6581 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 288-4671
- Davita Lourdes Mt Laurel Dialysis4.81 miles away130 Gaither Drive Ste. 172 Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 20 (856) 222-4195
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Nazareth4.94 miles away2601 Holme Avenue Ground Floor, Marion Building Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 335-0668
- Davita Merchantville Dialysis5.01 miles away5000 N Crescent Blvd Suite 1a Merchantville New Jersey 08109Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 910-8798
- Davita Lourdes Dialysis at Innova Inc5.03 miles away3716 Church Road Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 222-0386
- Bensalem Dialysis Center5.1 miles away1336 Bristol Pike Units 12 &13 Bensalem Pennsylvania 19020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 638-8671
- Woodhaven Dialysis Center5.1 miles away1336 Bristol Pike, Suite B Bensalem Pennsylvania 19020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 639-1070