Christ's Home Senior Services is a small non-profit facility in Warminster, Pennsylvania. Sporting an overall score of A, this nursing home is among the highest-rated facilities we assessed. Indeed, we were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as the number one facility in Warminster. Finally, this appears to be a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong ratings in each of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Christ's Home Senior Services
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Warminster senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Warminster, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Warminster, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being an elite nursing home overall, this facility excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Few facilities fared as well in this area. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was elite in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A. Only a select group of facilities performed better in this area. Our short-term care scores are vital for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Christ's Home Senior Services?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing score is based on many subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning residents more often.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we analyzed, this nursing home was awarded an impressive grade grade of A- in our long-term care category. With this score, the facility wrapped up a straight A profile. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a life threatening ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Christ's Home Senior Services Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 9.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of poor nursing care. However, this statistic may be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 10% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 4.44% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 1.79% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 100% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 14.29% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 14.55% of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 14.55% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 9.61% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 65.65% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Warminster, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Warminster, Pennsylvania has 3 other nursing homes
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 4.21 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.45 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.58 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.64 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.23 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis2.33 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington3.94 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown3.96 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis4.52 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Davita - Abington Dialysis4.69 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus7.26 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson7.96 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis8.36 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398