Christ's Home Senior Services is a small non-profit facility in Warminster, Pennsylvania. With an overall score of A+, this nursing home is among the highest-rated facilities we assessed. We were not surprised to discover that this is actually the best nursing home in Warminster. Finally, this appears to be a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong ratings in each of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Christ's Home Senior Services
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Warminster, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Warminster, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being an elite nursing home overall, this facility excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Few facilities fared as well in this area. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This first-rate facility also fared very well in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A+. Very few nursing homes fared better in this category. Our short-term care ratings are critical for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Christ's Home Senior Services?
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. The nursing rating weighs quite a few components, however, the primary consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning patients more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final category, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for our long-term care grade. This topped off a very favorable report card. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Christ's Home Senior Services Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 3.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Some argue that mobility is vital to residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Warminster, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Warminster, Pennsylvania has 3 other nursing homes
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 4.21 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.45 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.58 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.64 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.23 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis2.33 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington3.94 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown3.96 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis4.52 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Davita - Abington Dialysis4.69 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus7.26 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson7.96 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis8.36 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398