Christ's Home Senior Services is a small non-profit facility in Warminster, Pennsylvania. With an overall score of A+, this nursing home is among the highest-rated facilities we assessed. Indeed, we were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as the number one facility in Warminster. Finally, this appears to be a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong ratings in each of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Christ's Home Senior Services
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being an elite nursing home overall, this facility excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Few facilities fared as well in this area. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Christ's Home Senior Services?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also excelled in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A. Very few nursing homes performed better in this area. In computing these short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final area, this facility also was given a first-rate long-term care grade, with an A-. This finished off a first-rate profile. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 98.55073 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Christ's Home Senior Services Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who experienced a fall which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 3.23% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 88.5% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Christ's Home Senior Services, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Warminster, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Warminster, Pennsylvania has 3 other nursing homes
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 4.21 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.45 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.58 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.64 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.23 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis2.33 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington3.94 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown3.96 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis4.52 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Davita - Abington Dialysis4.69 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus7.26 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson7.96 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis8.36 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398