Childrens Specialized Hospital Mountainside is a senior living facility in Mountainside, New Jersey, a city with 6,730 people. Sporting an overall score of A+, this nursing home is clearly an elite nursing home. You really can not do much better than this place. If you scroll down, you can see this facility's category scores, which are also quite good.
Childrens Specialized Hospital Mountainside
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
150 New Providence Road,
Mountainside NJ 07092
97.17% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Mountainside, New Jersey Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall rating, this facility also earned an A+ inspection score. This grade is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its long-term care grade. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 94.64285 percent of its residents, which is better than most nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Childrens Specialized Hospital Mountainside?
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. In calculating a facility's nursing grade, we assess the amount of time nurses are seeing patients as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth area, this facility also performed well in the short-term care category. We gave it a grade of B+ in this category. This rounded out a very impressive report card. In our short-term care rating, we seek to craft a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Childrens Specialized Hospital Mountainside Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Childrens Specialized Hospital Mountainside, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Childrens Specialized Hospital Mountainside, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Childrens Specialized Hospital Mountainside, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Childrens Specialized Hospital Mountainside, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Childrens Specialized Hospital Mountainside, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Childrens Specialized Hospital Mountainside, 5.95% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Childrens Specialized Hospital Mountainside, 91.97% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Childrens Specialized Hospital Mountainside, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.87 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Dva Summit Dialysis Ctr1.01 miles away1139 Spruce Drive Mountainside New Jersey 07092CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (908) 232-7800
- Trinitas Cranford Dialysis3.24 miles away205 Birchwood Ave Cranford New Jersey 07016Dialysis Stations: 9 (908) 402-2000
- Fmc Kenilworth3.86 miles away131 South 31st Street Kenilworth New Jersey 07033CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (908) 241-0453
- Fmc Hillside Dialysis Ctr3.98 miles away879 Rahway Avenue Ruth Kliman Dialysis Center Union New Jersey 07083Dialysis Stations: 32 (908) 964-5606
- Davita Millburn Dialysis4.24 miles away25 East Willow Street Ste 2 Millburn New Jersey 07041CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 379-7309
- Fmc Linden Dialysis5.02 miles away630 West St. Georges Ave Linden New Jersey 07036CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 925-5161
- Davita Rahway5.07 miles away800 Harrison Street Rahway New Jersey 07065Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 680-0370
- Dva Plainfield Dialysis Center5.09 miles away1200 Randolph Road Kenyon House Plainfield New Jersey 07060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 757-6030