Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center is a large nursing home in Glenside, Pennsylvania. With an overall rating of D, this is a well below average nursing home. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Glenside. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Glenside senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a B for our inspections category. This score is far better than the place's overall score. Inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid places with a list of deficiencies flagged. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best category is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a C. In forming these long-term care grades, we analyze the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.1228 percent of its patients. This nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.05 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. The nursing rating consists of quite a few subcategories, however, the paramount one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. With just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day, this facility's nurse staffing levels were quite a bit below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is short-term care. We gave it an F in this area, which is a poor score. Our short-term care grades are likely most critical for residents needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Given its grade in this category, we were not stunned to learn that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the data we assessed. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 4.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who had urinary tract infections. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 3.3% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 86.27% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.45 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.89 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.66 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.3 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 6.84 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mt. Airy1.19 miles away10 East Moreland Avenue, Suite 300 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (215) 381-0310
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall1.34 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis3.23 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Olney3.37 miles away2154-58 Stenton Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 548-3704
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Roxborough Dialysis3.68 miles away5003 Umbria Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Dialysis Stations: 16 (267) 331-6384
- Total Renal Care, Inc.3.98 miles away235 W. Chelten Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19144Dialysis Stations: 26 (215) 844-5915
- Reliant Renal Care - Cheltenham, LLC4.07 miles away7107 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19126Dialysis Stations: 10 (267) 297-8069
- Davita - Northern Philadelphia4.38 miles away5933 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 549-5000