Located in Glenside, Pennsylvania, Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center is one of four available nursing homes in the area. Featuring an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a very poor nursing home. This place does not seem to have much going for it. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of C. Inspection grades weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This means this facility dodged the more serious categories of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received some government fines in recent years.
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Nursing grades are primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home's next best score is short-term care. As it turns out, with a grade of D in this area, it still fared somewhat badly. In computing these short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this place provides substantially less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics was damning for this facility's short-term care score.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is long-term care, which ended up being this nursing home's worst area. We gave this facility a grade of D in this category. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 94.70588 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home also keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients who experienced a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents which are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 3.23% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 88.5% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chestnut Hill Lodge Health and Rehab Center, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Glenside, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Glenside, Pennsylvania has 3 other nursing homes
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.45 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.89 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.66 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.3 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 6.84 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mt. Airy1.19 miles away10 East Moreland Avenue, Suite 300 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (215) 381-0310
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall1.34 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis3.23 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Olney3.37 miles away2154-58 Stenton Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 548-3704
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Roxborough Dialysis3.68 miles away5003 Umbria Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Dialysis Stations: 16 (267) 331-6384
- Total Renal Care, Inc.3.98 miles away235 W. Chelten Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19144Dialysis Stations: 26 (215) 844-5915
- Reliant Renal Care - Cheltenham, LLC4.07 miles away7107 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19126Dialysis Stations: 10 (267) 297-8069
- Davita - Northern Philadelphia4.38 miles away5933 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 549-5000