Chesterwood Village is a large nursing home in West Chester, Ohio. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack grade. Based on our assessment, there are definitely far worse places out there. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on West Chester senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility really outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in this area with a grade of A. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor dings aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's better category grades was in the area of short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B. It actually outperformed most facilities in this area. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. We weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Chesterwood Village?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a decent grade of B-. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.604744 percent of its patients. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The final area we rated is nursing. We gave this facility a D for our nursing category, leaving this as the nursing home's weakest category grade. Our nursing score features numerous data points. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This place offered a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is an alarmingly low total. On top of receiving below average marks for total nursing hours, this place was less impressive in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at in computing our nursing scores. We looked at the percent of patients suffering pressure ulcers and found this nursing home was at approximately 1.5 times the national average in this metric. This is a bad sign when you consider that many pressure ulcers are believed to be preventable with better nursing care. This statistic dragged down this nursing home's nursing score significantly.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chesterwood Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chesterwood Village, 7.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chesterwood Village, 2.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care residents who suffered a fall leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chesterwood Village, 0.4% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chesterwood Village, 10.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chesterwood Village, 15.02% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chesterwood Village, 25.24% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chesterwood Village, 95.85% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chesterwood Village, 16.34% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chesterwood Village, 6.37% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Chesterwood Village, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chesterwood Village, 6.37% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chesterwood Village, 18.53% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chesterwood Village, 87.41% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 0.66 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 4.96 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.28 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 16.6 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 16.91 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.2 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Dci - Westchester0.69 miles away7650 Wellness Way West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 777-0855
- Davita - West Chester Dialysis0.99 miles away7760 W. Voice of American Park Drive Suite E West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 755-1510
- Nxstage Cincinnati LLC5.25 miles away12065 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45249Dialysis Stations: 10 (513) 712-1300
- Davita Loveland Dialysis5.26 miles away8944 Columbia Rd Suite 6 Loveland Ohio 45140Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 583-5326
- Fmc - Kings Mills5.93 miles away1992 King Avenue Kings Mills Ohio 45034Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 204-5555
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis6.83 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Davita - Butler County Home Training Dialysis9.66 miles away7335 Yankee Rd. Suite 101a Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 2 (513) 755-2524
- Davita - Fairfield Dialysis9.7 miles away1210 Hicks Blvd Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 939-1110