Chesterwood Village is a large nursing home in West Chester, Ohio. Sporting an overall score of B+, this is a very good facility. You could certainly do much worse than this nursing home. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
8073 Tylersville Road,
West Chester OH 45069
86.87% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other achievements is its superb short-term care grade. We awarded them one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a score of A-. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Remarkably, this facility provides its residents with at least 50% more physical therapist hours per week than the average facility. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in the country in this area with 67.6 percent of its residents returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most facilities.
Does this page answer your questions about Chesterwood Village?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was awarded favorable long-term care scores this year. Indeed, we gave it one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Facilities that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.50495 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 1.52 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes.
Switching gears to the final category, this facility was given a decent nursing grade. Although this wasn't quite as good as many of its other grades, this is truly not a terrible score. Our nursing rating weighs a variety of subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. Based on the CMS data, this nursing home offers 3.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also weighed some quality-based assessments. This facility scored well in a few of the quality-based metrics we assessed. For example, in terms of the number of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, this place beat the national average. This is usually a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented with better nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chesterwood Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chesterwood Village, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chesterwood Village, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care residents that experienced a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chesterwood Village, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients who have had urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chesterwood Village, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chesterwood Village, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chesterwood Village, 19.84% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chesterwood Village, 90.11% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chesterwood Village, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chesterwood Village, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Chesterwood Village, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chesterwood Village, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chesterwood Village, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chesterwood Village, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 0.66 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 4.96 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.28 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 16.6 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 16.91 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.2 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Dci - Westchester0.69 miles away7650 Wellness Way West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 777-0855
- Davita - West Chester Dialysis0.99 miles away7760 W. Voice of American Park Drive Suite E West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 755-1510
- Nxstage Cincinnati LLC5.25 miles away12065 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45249Dialysis Stations: 10 (513) 712-1300
- Davita Loveland Dialysis5.26 miles away8944 Columbia Rd Suite 6 Loveland Ohio 45140Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 583-5326
- Fmc - Kings Mills5.93 miles away1992 King Avenue Kings Mills Ohio 45034Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 204-5555
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis6.83 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Davita - Butler County Home Training Dialysis9.66 miles away7335 Yankee Rd. Suite 101a Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 2 (513) 755-2524
- Davita - Fairfield Dialysis9.7 miles away1210 Hicks Blvd Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 939-1110