Cherry Brook Health Care Cente is a nursing home located in Canton, Connecticut. The city has a population of 10,129 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires quality marks in most areas. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this facility. This nursing home is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cherry Brook Health Care Cente
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Cherry Brook Health Care Cente has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Canton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this place also earned top notch inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our best scores in this category, with an A. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically have few severe deficiencies. We were not able to track down information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Without the information regarding deficiencies for this facility, it ended up being challenging to fully assess it in the area of inspections.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this area. Our short-term care grades are probably most important for those in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Cherry Brook Health Care Cente?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the category of long-term care, where it was given a grade of B. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this category. For residents seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. We were not able to track down information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The last area we analyzed is nursing. This nursing home was awarded a grade of B- in the area. When computing a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses are caring for residents as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is far below average. Lastly, our nursing ratings also factor in some quality-focused statistics. We especially look at the percent of residents who sustained pressure ulcers and major falls. Sometimes these metrics are decent indicators of the quality of nursing care, since superior care can reduce these issues.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- John Dempsey HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.12 miles away263 Farmington Ave Farmington Connecticut 06032Government - Local(860) 679-1145
- Charlotte Hungerford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.27 miles away540 Litchfield St Torrington Connecticut 06790Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 496-6666
- St Francis Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away114 Woodland Street Hartford Connecticut 06105Voluntary non-profit - Church(860) 714-4000
- Connecticut Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 13.13 miles away282 Washington Street Hartford Connecticut 06106Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 545-9000
- Hartford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.2 miles away80 Seymour Street Hartford Connecticut 06102Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 545-5000
- Hospital of Central Connecticut, TheAcute Care Hospitals 13.49 miles away100 Grand Street New Britain Connecticut 06050Voluntary non-profit - Other(860) 224-5011
- Uconn Dialysis Center9.06 miles away270 Farmington Ave ste160 Farmington Connecticut 06032Dialysis Stations: 19 (860) 678-1459
- Farmington Dialysis9.43 miles away11 South Rd, Suite 110 Farmington Connecticut 06032Dialysis Stations: 13 (860) 678-0587
- Fmc of Western Hartford9.61 miles away725 Park Avenue, Bloomfield Connecticut 06002Dialysis Stations: 19 (860) 726-0099
- Davita Bloomfield Dialysis9.89 miles away29 Griffin Road South Bloomfield Connecticut 06002Dialysis Stations: 16 (860) 243-5389
- Davita Torrington Dialysis10.51 miles awayC/O Joseph Marcantonio Kidney Center 780 Litchfield Street, Suite 100 Torrington Connecticut 06790Dialysis Stations: 19 (860) 496-0661
- Fmc Dialysis Services Forestville11.54 miles away135 Middle Street Bristol Connecticut 06010CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (860) 584-2155
- Davita Hartford Dialysis11.65 miles away675 Tower Avenue Hartford Connecticut 06112CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (860) 242-0735
- Davita Hartford Downtown Dialysis12.58 miles away80 Seymour Street Hartford Connecticut 06115Dialysis Stations: 42 (860) 244-2108