Chateau De Notre Dame is one of eight available nursing homes in New Orleans, Louisiana. With an overall rating of C, this is likely a middle of the road facility. We wanted to point out that New Orleans received a city grade of B, so you may wish to consider other options in the city as well. The best part of this facility's report card is is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Chateau De Notre Dame
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on New Orleans senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility really outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our highest scores in this area with an A-. Our inspection grades account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we still had a generally positive view of this nursing home's recent inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more impressive category grades came in the area of long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B. It actually fared better than most nursing homes in this category. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 54.90982 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit less than we anticipated but still a decent figure. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Chateau De Notre Dame?
Another strength of this facility is its favorable grade in nursing. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with an D. There are several factors within this category. Many of these datapoints relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is short-term care. We gave it an F for this category, which is a very poor grade. This is obviously a major concern. Short-term care ratings are based on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Based on its poor score in this category, we were not stunned to find that this place offers far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chateau De Notre Dame Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chateau De Notre Dame, 14.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chateau De Notre Dame, 1.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who have suffered a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chateau De Notre Dame, 0.61% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chateau De Notre Dame, 16.19% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chateau De Notre Dame, 9.93% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chateau De Notre Dame, 1.9% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chateau De Notre Dame, 69.97% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chateau De Notre Dame, 29.33% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chateau De Notre Dame, 29.28% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Chateau De Notre Dame, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chateau De Notre Dame, 29.28% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chateau De Notre Dame, 20.62% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chateau De Notre Dame, 64.37% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for New Orleans, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? New Orleans, Louisiana has 7 other nursing homes
- Ochsner Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.89 miles away1516 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans Louisiana 70121Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 842-3000
- University Medical Center New OrleansAcute Care Hospitals 2.04 miles away2000 Canal Street New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 903-3000
- Tulane Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.31 miles away1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 988-5263
- Touro InfirmaryAcute Care Hospitals 2.53 miles away1401 Foucher Street New Orleans Louisiana 70115Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 897-8247
- Childrens HospitalChildrens 2.86 miles away200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70118Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 899-9511
- West Jefferson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.62 miles away1101 Medical Center Blvd Marrero Louisiana 70072Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 347-5511
- East Jefferson General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away4200 Houma Blvd Metairie Louisiana 70006Government - Hospital District or Authority(504) 454-4000
- St Bernard Parish HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away8000 West Judge Perez Drive Chalmette Louisiana 70043Government - Hospital District or Authority(504) 826-9500
- Davita - Earhart0.19 miles away7730 Earhart Blvd New Orleans Louisiana 70125Dialysis Stations: 13 (504) 861-1256
- Fkc - New Orleans Downtown1.53 miles away2235 Poydras St New Orleans Louisiana 70119Dialysis Stations: 13 (504) 821-2220
- Davita - Garden District Dx1.54 miles away2620 Jena New Orleans Louisiana 70115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (504) 269-6004
- Davita - Memorial Dialysis1.56 miles away4427 S Robertson St - 2nd Floor New Orleans Louisiana 70115CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (504) 899-1103
- Davita - Crescent City1.61 miles away3909 Bienville Rd Ste 1b New Orleans Louisiana 70119CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (504) 483-7117
- Bienville Dialysis Ctr North1.68 miles away3333 Bienville Ste 1b-C New Orleans Louisiana 70119Dialysis Stations: 12 (504) 822-6336
- Fkc - New Orleans Uptown1.81 miles away2500 Louisiana Avenue New Orleans Louisiana 70115Dialysis Stations: 13 (504) 891-8608
- Fmcna - Ochsner New Orleans2.02 miles away630 Deckbar Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70121CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (504) 837-0021