With an address in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, Chapel Pointe at Carlisle is one of eight available facilities in this city. We gave this facility an overall score of A, resulting in it being the highest graded facility in Carlisle. We can not find many negative things to say about this nursing home. Its ratings are impeccable. This facility also received very consistent scores in all of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Chapel Pointe at Carlisle
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ inspection grade. This score is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can pay to a nursing home. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite minor. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also fared very well in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Very few nursing homes fared better in this area. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 96.0452 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a dangerous health condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Chapel Pointe at Carlisle?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our nursing grade analyzes many components, many of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In our last area, this facility also was awarded an impressive short-term care rating, with a B+. This finished off a very favorable report card. With our short-term care assessment, we endeavor to create a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chapel Pointe at Carlisle Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chapel Pointe at Carlisle, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chapel Pointe at Carlisle, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often linked to poor nursing care. More supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chapel Pointe at Carlisle, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chapel Pointe at Carlisle, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chapel Pointe at Carlisle, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chapel Pointe at Carlisle, 3.23% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chapel Pointe at Carlisle, 88.5% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chapel Pointe at Carlisle, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chapel Pointe at Carlisle, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Chapel Pointe at Carlisle, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chapel Pointe at Carlisle, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chapel Pointe at Carlisle, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chapel Pointe at Carlisle, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Carlisle, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Carlisle, Pennsylvania has 7 other nursing homes
- Carlisle Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.76 miles away361 Alexander Spring Road Carlisle Pennsylvania 17015Proprietary(717) 249-1212
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.46 miles awayFourth and Walnut Streets Lebanon Pennsylvania 17042Voluntary non-profit - Other(717) 270-7500
- Holy Spirit HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.67 miles away503 North 21st Street Camp Hill Pennsylvania 17011Voluntary non-profit - Private(717) 763-2100
- Pennsylvania Psychiatric InstitutePsychiatric 16.74 miles away2501 North Third Street Harrisburg Pennsylvania 17110Proprietary(717) 782-4742
- Pinnacle Health HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 17.19 miles away409 South Second Street Harrisburg Pennsylvania 17105Voluntary non-profit - Other(717) 782-5181
- u.s. Renal Care - Carlisle0.15 miles away101 Noble Boulevard, Suite 103 Carlisle Pennsylvania 17013Dialysis Stations: 14 (717) 258-3099
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Cumberland0.78 miles away254 East High Street Carlisle Pennsylvania 17013Dialysis Stations: 16 (717) 240-2944
- Wooten Dialysis, LLC0.99 miles away419 Village Dr., Suite 10 Carlisle Pennsylvania 17015Dialysis Stations: 12 (717) 218-5104
- Dialysis Care Center - Mechanicsburg LLC9.35 miles away4 Flowers Drive, Suite 1 Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania 17050Dialysis Stations: 11 (717) 795-4665
- u.s. Renal Care Mechanicsburg10.16 miles away120 South Filbert Street Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania 17055Dialysis Stations: 15 (717) 790-6080
- u.s. Renal Care - Camp Hill13.87 miles away158 South 32nd Street, Suite 19 Camp Hill Pennsylvania 17011Dialysis Stations: 16 (717) 731-0506
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.14.61 miles away390 E. Penn Drive Enola Pennsylvania 17025Dialysis Stations: 2 (717) 732-3274
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Camp Hill14.63 miles away240 Grandview Avenue, Suite 200 Camp Hill Pennsylvania 17011Dialysis Stations: 18 (717) 737-7800