Central Valley Specialty Hospital - Special Nursing Facility is a nursing home in Modesto, California which has 255,354 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall rating of B, which is an above average score. In fact, it is actually ranked among the five highest graded facilities in Modesto. Even in a city with 10 nursing homes, this nursing home should be a quality choice. The best part of this facility's strong report card is its nursing score. We discuss nursing in the next section
Central Valley Specialty Hospital - Special Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
Updated Feb 1, 2019 by Nick Lata
730 17th Street,
Modesto CA 95354
Note: Data for Central Valley Specialty Hospital - Special Nursing Facility has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
In addition to a strong overall score, this nursing home also received a favorable nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it one of our better scores in this category, with a B+. Our nursing grade is primarily tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning residents more frequently.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Central Valley Specialty Hospital - Special Nursing Facility?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our third category, this facility also received a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed is short-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our higher grades in this area, with a grade of B. This facility turned out to be very solid across the board. In determining these short-term care grades, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. It does not look like this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Modesto, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Modesto, California has 9 other nursing homes
- Doctors Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.58 miles away1441 Florida Avenue Modesto California 95350Proprietary(209) 578-1211
- Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.92 miles away1700 Coffee Rd Modesto California 95355Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 526-4500
- Oak Valley Hospital DistrictAcute Care Hospitals 10.55 miles away350 S Oak Ave Oakdale California 95361Government - Hospital District or Authority(209) 847-3011
- Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.57 miles away825 Delbon Ave Turlock California 95382Voluntary non-profit - Church(209) 667-4200
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 15.84 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 17.71 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Wellbound of Modesto0.77 miles away1315 Tenth Street #100 Modesto California 95354Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 238-4080
- Satellite Dialysis Central Modesto0.77 miles away1315 10th Street, Suite 300 Modesto California 95354CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 238-4087
- Modesto Kidney Center, LLC1.67 miles away305 E. Granger Ave.., Ste. 102 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (209) 574-6800
- Archway Modesto Home Training1.89 miles away3001 Health Care Way, Suite 101 Modesto California 95350Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 543-1721
- Parkway Kidney Center3.19 miles away2200 Plaza Parkway, Suite b1-b4 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 574-6818
- Satellite Dialysis Modesto3.31 miles away3500 Coffee Road #21 Modesto California 95355CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 578-0691
- Davita Whitmore Dialysis3.59 miles away1424 E. Whitmore Ave Ceres California 95307Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 541-1460
- Satellite Healthcare Ceres3.69 miles away1372 Mitchell Road Modesto California 95351Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 300-8700