Central Valley Specialty Hospital - Special Nursing Facility is a nursing home in Modesto, California which has 255,354 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall rating of B, resulting in it being ranked among the five highest graded facilities in Modesto. Even in a city with 10 other nursing homes, this facility turns out to be a respectable selection. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile is its nursing score. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section
Central Valley Specialty Hospital - Special Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
Updated Feb 1, 2019 by Nick Reese
730 17th Street,
Modesto CA 95354
Note: Data for Central Valley Specialty Hospital - Special Nursing Facility has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
To pair with its strong overall grade, this facility earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. We scrutinized the levels of nurses employed by the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses were with residents, in calculating our score in this area. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional strong feature for this nursing home is that it received an impressive long-term care score. Indeed, this ended up being its second best category score. In this area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. Based on the long-term care metrics we were able to find for this nursing home, you could do much worse than this place.
Does this page answer your questions about Central Valley Specialty Hospital - Special Nursing Facility?
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final category, this facility was awarded an excellent short-term care rating. This nursing home didn't turn out to have any identifiable weaknesses. Short-term care ratings are meaningful for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. It doesn't look like this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Modesto, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Modesto, California has 9 other nursing homes
- Doctors Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.58 miles away1441 Florida Avenue Modesto California 95350Proprietary(209) 578-1211
- Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.92 miles away1700 Coffee Rd Modesto California 95355Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 526-4500
- Oak Valley Hospital DistrictAcute Care Hospitals 10.55 miles away350 S Oak Ave Oakdale California 95361Government - Hospital District or Authority(209) 847-3011
- Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.57 miles away825 Delbon Ave Turlock California 95382Voluntary non-profit - Church(209) 667-4200
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 15.84 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 17.71 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Wellbound of Modesto0.77 miles away1315 Tenth Street #100 Modesto California 95354Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 238-4080
- Satellite Dialysis Central Modesto0.77 miles away1315 10th Street, Suite 300 Modesto California 95354CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 238-4087
- Modesto Kidney Center, LLC1.67 miles away305 E. Granger Ave.., Ste. 102 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (209) 574-6800
- Archway Modesto Home Training1.89 miles away3001 Health Care Way, Suite 101 Modesto California 95350Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 543-1721
- Parkway Kidney Center3.19 miles away2200 Plaza Parkway, Suite b1-b4 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 574-6818
- Satellite Dialysis Modesto3.31 miles away3500 Coffee Road #21 Modesto California 95355CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 578-0691
- Davita Whitmore Dialysis3.59 miles away1424 E. Whitmore Ave Ceres California 95307Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 541-1460
- Satellite Healthcare Ceres3.69 miles away1372 Mitchell Road Modesto California 95351Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 300-8700