Central Valley Post Acute - Modesto is one of a variety of nursing home options to select from in Modesto, California. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. This facility seems to have some things working in its favor. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Central Valley Post Acute - Modesto
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Central Valley Post Acute - Modesto has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Modesto senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The primary reason this facility received a decent overall grade is its impeccable health inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our higher grades in that area, with an A-. This is a notably better score than the facility's overall grade, which was decent but not in the elite range. Inspection ratings account for several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we had favorable view of this facility's inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this nursing home's higher category grades came in the area of long-term care. This turned out to be its second most respectable category. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. We'd have to do a little more research into this place before opining further on this category as it appears we are missing a few metrics in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Central Valley Post Acute - Modesto?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C, which is a decent grade. Our nursing grade assesses the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of skill of those nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This place provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a somewhat concerning figure as it is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics. While this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in some of these quality metrics. With less than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it did very well in this area. This is typically an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning residents even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we graded is short-term care, which ended up being this facility's weakest area. We gave this nursing home a D in this area. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most important for individuals needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this place offers significantly less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the typical facility. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Modesto, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Modesto, California has 9 other nursing homes
- Doctors Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.55 miles away1441 Florida Avenue Modesto California 95350Proprietary(209) 578-1211
- Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.65 miles away1700 Coffee Rd Modesto California 95355Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 526-4500
- Oak Valley Hospital DistrictAcute Care Hospitals 9.36 miles away350 S Oak Ave Oakdale California 95361Government - Hospital District or Authority(209) 847-3011
- Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.54 miles away825 Delbon Ave Turlock California 95382Voluntary non-profit - Church(209) 667-4200
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 15.03 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 17.05 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Modesto Kidney Center, LLC0.28 miles away305 E. Granger Ave.., Ste. 102 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (209) 574-6800
- Archway Modesto Home Training0.8 miles away3001 Health Care Way, Suite 101 Modesto California 95350Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 543-1721
- Wellbound of Modesto1.72 miles away1315 Tenth Street #100 Modesto California 95354Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 238-4080
- Satellite Dialysis Central Modesto1.72 miles away1315 10th Street, Suite 300 Modesto California 95354CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 238-4087
- Satellite Dialysis Modesto1.86 miles away3500 Coffee Road #21 Modesto California 95355CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 578-0691
- Parkway Kidney Center2.78 miles away2200 Plaza Parkway, Suite b1-b4 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 574-6818
- Satellite Healthcare Ceres4.58 miles away1372 Mitchell Road Modesto California 95351Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 300-8700
- Ceres Dialysis Center4.7 miles away1768 Mitchell Road Suite 308 Ceres California 95307CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (209) 538-9853