Central Baptist Village is a facility located in Chicago, Illinois which has a population of 2,680,484 people. This facility was given a phenomenal overall grade of A, resulting in it being one of the ten highest rated facilities in Chicago. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. Finally, this worked out to be a very consistent facility with consistent scores in all four of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Central Baptist Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
4747 North Canfield Avenue,
Chicago IL 60656
90% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a quality overall grade, this nursing home also received excellent health inspections recently. We awarded it one of our best scores in that category, with an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively minor. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was elite in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A. Not many facilities fared better in this category. Short-term care grades are vital for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Central Baptist Village?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. There are numerous factors within this grade. Most of the factors relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is long-term care, where this facility was given a grade of A-. This wrapped up a very impressive profile. Few facilities earned an A- or higher in all four categories. Facilities that do well in this category tend to provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.15015 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Central Baptist Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Central Baptist Village, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Central Baptist Village, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Central Baptist Village, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Central Baptist Village, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Central Baptist Village, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Central Baptist Village, 31.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Central Baptist Village, 87.05% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Central Baptist Village, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Central Baptist Village, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Central Baptist Village, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Central Baptist Village, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Central Baptist Village, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Central Baptist Village, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 38 other nursing homes
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.68 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.25 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Fmc - Norridge0.53 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis2.01 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Davita Brickyard Dialysis3.28 miles away2640 N. Narragansett Ave. Suite d8 Chicago Illinois 60639Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 622-6345
- Davita - Montclare Dialysis3.45 miles away7009 W Belmont Avenue Chicago Illinois 60634CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 889-6051
- Fmc - West Belmont4.26 miles away4943 W Belmont Ave. Chicago Illinois 60641CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (773) 685-7500
- Fmc - North Avenue Dialysis Center4.31 miles away911 W. North Avenue Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (708) 344-6122
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis4.33 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis5.03 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714